Slave Prices from Succession and Bankruptcy Sales in Mauritius, 1825--1827
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Chenny, Shirley & St-Amour, Pascal & Vencatachellum, Desire, 2003. "Slave prices from succession and bankruptcy sales in Mauritius, 1825-1827," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 419-442, October.
- Chenny, Shirley & St-Amour, Pascal & Vencatachellum, Désiré, 2003. "Slaves Prices from Succession and Bankruptcy Sales in Mauritius, 1825-1827," Cahiers de recherche 0309, CIRPEE.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steckel, Richard H., 1979. "Slave height profiles from coastwise manifests," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 363-380, October.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", pages 129-137.
- Kotlikoff, Laurence J, 1979.
"The Structure of Slave Prices in New Orleans, 1804 to 1862,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 17(4), pages 496-518, October.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1978. "The Structure of Slave Prices in New Orleans, 1804 to 1862," UCLA Economics Working Papers 119, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Haines, Robin & McDonald, John & Shlomowitz, Ralph, 2001. "Mortality and Voyage Length in the Middle Passage Revisited," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 503-533, October.
- Eltis, David & Engerman, Stanley L., 2000. "The Importance of Slavery and the Slave Trade to Industrializing Britain," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 60(01), pages 123-144, March.
- Newland, Carlos & San segundo, María Jesús, 1996. "Human Capital and Other Determinants of the Price Life Cycle of a Slave: Peru and La Plata in the Eighteenth Century," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 56(03), pages 694-701, September.
- Lovejoy, Paul E. & Richardson, David, 1995. "British Abolition and its Impact on Slave Prices Along the Atlantic Coast of Africa, 1783–1850," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 55(01), pages 98-119, March.
- E. W. Evans & David Richardson, 1995. "Hunting for rents: the economics of slaving in pre-colonial Africa," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 48(4), pages 665-686, November.
- Eltis David & Richardson David, 1995. "Productivity in the Transatlantic Slave Trade," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 465-484, October.
- Richard H. Steckel, 1995. "Stature and the Standard of Living," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(4), pages 1903-1940, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Branko Milanovic, 2006.
"An Estimate Of Average Income And Inequality In Byzantium Around Year 1000,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 52(3), pages 449-470, September.
- Branko Milanovic, 2005. "An Estimate Of Average Income And Inequality In Byzantium Around Year 1000," Economic History 0501003, EconWPA.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Jonathan Pritchett, 2016.
"Betting on Secession: Quantifying Political Events Surrounding Slavery and the Civil War,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 106(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Jonathan Pritchett, 2013. "Betting on Secession: Quantifying Political Events Surrounding Slavery and the Civil War," NBER Working Papers 19625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sophia du Plessis & Ada Jansen & Dieter von Fintel, 2014. "Slave prices and productivity at the Cape of Good Hope from 1700 to 1725: did all settler farmers profit from the trade?," Working Papers 17/2014, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics, revised 2014.
More about this item
KeywordsSlavery; slave price; Mauritius; Esclavage; prix des esclaves; Île-Maurice;
- N37 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Africa; Oceania
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cir:cirwor:2002s-79. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ciranca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.