A Survey on Modeling and Analysis of Basis Spreads
The recent financial crisis has spiked the credit and liquidity premia among financial products, and significant widening of basis spreads among Libors with different tenors and currencies has been observed in interest rate markets. Our previous work, "A Note on Construction of Multiple Swap Curves with and without Collateral" has developed an arbitrage-free curve construction method with all the relevant spreads taken into account. This short note carries out a brief survey on the existing analysis of spreads' dynamics and pricing models as a preparation for the development of a model that enables us to price and hedge generic financial derivatives under the new market condition.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Hongo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033|
Web page: http://www.cirje.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Feldhütter, Peter & Lando, David, 2008. "Decomposing swap spreads," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 375-405, May.
- Pierre Collin-Dufresne, 2001. "On the Term Structure of Default Premia in the Swap and LIBOR Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(3), pages 1095-1115, 06.
- Liu, Jun & Longstaff, Francis A. & Mandell, Ravit E., 2004.
"The Market Price Of Risk In Interest Rate Swaps: The Roles Of Default And Liquidity Risks,"
University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management
qt5z42g22g, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Jun Liu & Francis A. Longstaff & Ravit E. Mandell, 2006. "The Market Price of Risk in Interest Rate Swaps: The Roles of Default and Liquidity Risks," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(5), pages 2337-2360, September.
- Duffie, Darrell & Singleton, Kenneth J, 1999. "Modeling Term Structures of Defaultable Bonds," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(4), pages 687-720.
- Duffie, Darrell & Huang, Ming, 1996. " Swap Rates and Credit Quality," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(3), pages 921-49, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tky:fseres:2009cf697. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.