A Stochastic Recurrence Equation Approach to Stationarity and phi-Mixing of a Class of Nonlinear ARCH Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Creal, Drew & Koopman, Siem Jan & Lucas, AndrÃ©, 2011.
"A Dynamic Multivariate Heavy-Tailed Model for Time-Varying Volatilities and Correlations,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 29(4), pages 552-563.
- Drew Creal & Siem Jan Koopman & AndrÃ© Lucas, 2011. "A Dynamic Multivariate Heavy-Tailed Model for Time-Varying Volatilities and Correlations," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(4), pages 552-563, October.
- Drew Creal & Siem Jan Koopman & André Lucas, 2010. "A Dynamic Multivariate Heavy-Tailed Model for Time-Varying Volatilities and Correlations," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-032/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Saidi, Youssef & Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 2006. "Stationarity and geometric ergodicity of a class of nonlinear ARCH models," MPRA Paper 61988, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2006.
- Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 1994. "Threshold heteroskedastic models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 931-955, September.
- Engle, Robert F & Ng, Victor K, 1993.
" Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1749-1778, December.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor K. Ng, 1991. "Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility," NBER Working Papers 3681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bougerol, Philippe & Picard, Nico, 1992. "Stationarity of Garch processes and of some nonnegative time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 115-127.
- Drew Creal & Siem Jan Koopman & André Lucas, 2013. "Generalized Autoregressive Score Models With Applications," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(5), pages 777-795, August.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francisco (F.) Blasques & Siem Jan (S.J.) Koopman & Marc Nientker, 2018. "A Time-Varying Parameter Model for Local Explosions," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 18-088/III, Tinbergen Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsErgodicity; GARCH-type models; mixing; nonlinear time series; stationarity; stochastic recurrence equations; threshold models;
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ECM-2017-08-20 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2017-08-20 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-ORE-2017-08-20 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tin:wpaper:20170072. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tinbergen Office +31 (0)10-4088900). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tinbenl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.