Block Local to Unity and Continuous Record Asymptotics
This paper provides a continuous record interpretation of the block local to unity asymptotics proposed recentlyby Phillips, Moon and Xiao (2001). It also demonstrates that in the case of homogeneous dynamics and a fixednumber of blocks, the new asymptotic approximation coincides with the conventional local to unity asymptoticapproximation.
|Date of creation:||23 Aug 2001|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Gustav Mahlerplein 117, 1082 MS Amsterdam|
Phone: +31 (0)20 598 4580
Web page: http://www.tinbergen.nl/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Perron, Pierre, 1991. "A Continuous Time Approximation to the Stationary First-Order Autoregressive Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 236-252, June.
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- Phillips, Peter C.B. & Moon, Hyungsik Roger & Xiao, Zhijie, 2001.
"How To Estimate Autoregressive Roots Near Unity,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(01), pages 29-69, February.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Hyungsik R. Moon & Zhijie Xiao, 1998. "How to Estimate Autoregressive Roots Near Unity," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1191, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Phillips, Peter C.B. & Moon, Hyungsik R., 1999. "How to Estimate Autoregressive Roots Near Unity," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt87p2z8zx, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Graham Elliott, 1998. "On the Robustness of Cointegration Methods when Regressors Almost Have Unit Roots," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(1), pages 149-158, January. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tin:wpaper:20010078. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tinbergen Office +31 (0)10-4088900)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.