Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers with Stable Labour Market Attachment: Recent Evidence from Canada
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth A. Couch & Thomas A. Dunn, 1997.
"Intergenerational Correlations in Labor Market Status: A Comparison of the United States and Germany,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(1), pages 210-232.
- Kenneth A. Couch & Thomas A. Dunn, 1995. "Intergenerational Correlations in Labor Market Status: A Comparison of the United States and Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 111, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Grawe, Nathan D., 2003. "Life Cycle Bias in the Estimation of Intergenerational Earnings Persistence," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2003207e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Corak, Miles & Heisz, Andrew, 1996. "The Intergenerational Income Mobility of Canadian Men," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1996089e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Gary S. Becker & Nigel Tomes, 1994.
"Human Capital and the Rise and Fall of Families,"
NBER Chapters,in: Human Capital: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis with Special Reference to Education (3rd Edition), pages 257-298
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker & Nigel Tomes, "undated". "Human Capital and the Rise and Fall of Families," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 84-10, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Peters, H Elizabeth, 1992. "Patterns of Intergenerational Mobility in Income and Earnings," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(3), pages 456-466, August.
- Behrman, Jere R & Taubman, Paul, 1990. "The Intergenerational Correlation between Children's Adult Earnings and Their Parents' Income: Result from the Michigan Panel Survey of Income Dynamics," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 36(2), pages 115-127, June.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Eric R. Eide & Mark H. Showalter, 1999. "Factors Affecting the Transmission of Earnings across Generations: A Quantile Regression Approach," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(2), pages 253-267.
- Zimmerman, David J, 1992. "Regression toward Mediocrity in Economic Stature," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(3), pages 409-429, June.
- Bergstrom, Theodore C, 1989. "A Fresh Look at the Rotten Kid Theorem--and Other Household Mysteries," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(5), pages 1138-1159, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gimenez-Nadal, J. Ignacio & Molina, José Alberto & Silva Quintero, Edgar, 2016.
"How Forced Displacements Caused by a Violent Conflict Affect Wages in Colombia,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9926, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Edgar Silva Quintero & JosÃ© Alberto Molina & J. Ignacio Gimenez-Nadal, 2016. "How Forced Displacements Caused by a Violent Conflict Affect Wages in Colombia," Working Papers id:10876, eSocialSciences.
- Miles Corak, 2016.
"`Inequality is the root of social evil,' or Maybe Not? Two Stories about Inequality and Public Policy,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 42(4), pages 367-414, December.
- Corak, Miles, 2017. "'Inequality Is the Root of Social Evil,' or Maybe Not? Two Stories about Inequality and Public Policy," IZA Discussion Papers 11005, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wiederhold, Simon & Nedelkoska, Ljubica & Neffke, Frank, 2013. "The Impact of Skill Mismatch on Earnings Losses after Job Displacement," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79739, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
More about this item
KeywordsEmployment and unemployment; Labour; Wages; salaries and other earnings;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:stc:stcp3e:2012346e. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Brown). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/stagvca.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .