Exploring the "Value" of Academic Patents: IP Management Practices in UK Universities and their Implications for Third-Stream Indicators
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Espey, Molly, 1998. "Gasoline demand revisited: an international meta-analysis of elasticities," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 273-295, June.
- Saunders, Harry D., 2000. "A view from the macro side: rebound, backfire, and Khazzoom-Brookes," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 439-449, June.
- Majone, Giandomenico, 1997. "From the Positive to the Regulatory State: Causes and Consequences of Changes in the Mode of Governance," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(02), pages 139-167, May.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Wood, David O, 1979. "Engineering and Econometric Interpretations of Energy-Capital Complementarity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(3), pages 342-354, June.
- A. Greening, Lorna & Greene, David L. & Difiglio, Carmen, 2000. "Energy efficiency and consumption -- the rebound effect -- a survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 389-401, June.
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1995. "Natural and Quasi-experiments in Economics," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(2), pages 151-161, April.
- Brookes, Leonard, 2000. "Energy efficiency fallacies revisited," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 355-366, June.
- Schipper, Lee & Grubb, Michael, 2000. "On the rebound? Feedback between energy intensities and energy uses in IEA countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 367-388, June.
- Grepperud, Sverre & Rasmussen, Ingeborg, 2004. "A general equilibrium assessment of rebound effects," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 261-282, March.
- Willett, Keith D. & Naghshpour, Shahdad, 1987. "Residential demand for energy commodities : A household production function approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 251-256, October.
- Kremers, Hans & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet, 1999. "The scope of meta-analysis for transport policy impact analysis in environmental economics," Serie Research Memoranda 0034, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Puay Tang & Dagmara Weckowska & André Campos & Michael Hobday, 2010. "Managing Intellectual Property in Universities: Patents and the Protection Failure Problem," SPRU Working Paper Series 188, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Sterzi, Valerio, 2013.
"Patent quality and ownership: An analysis of UK faculty patenting,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 564-576.
- Valerio Sterzi, 2013. "Patent quality and ownership: an analysis of UK Faculty patenting," Post-Print hal-00779850, HAL.
- Anja Schoen & Bruno Pottelsberghe de la Potterie & Joachim Henkel, 2014.
"Governance typology of universities’ technology transfer processes,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 435-453, June.
- Anja Schoen & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe & Joachim Henkel, 2012. "Governance Typology of Universities' Technology Transfer Processes," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2012-045, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Anja Schoen & Joachim Henkel & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe, 2013. "Governance Typology of Universities' Technology Transfer Processes," iCite Working Papers WP 2013 - 002, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Geuna, Aldo & Rossi, Federica, 2011.
"Changes to university IPR regulations in Europe and the impact on academic patenting,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1068-1076, October.
- Geuna Aldo & Rossi Federica, 2010. "Changes to university IPR regulations in Europe and the impact on academic patenting," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201015, University of Turin.
- Sterzi, Valerio, 2011.
"Academic patent value and knowledge transfer in the UK. Does patent ownership matter?,"
34955, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Valerio STERZI (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113 & KITES, Bocconi University), 2012. "Academic patent value and knowledge transfer in the UK: Does patent ownership matter?," Cahiers du GREThA 2012-07, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Valerio Sterzi, 2012. "Academic patent value and knowledge transfer in the UK: does patent ownership matter?," Post-Print hal-00779897, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordsintellectual property management; patenting; United Kingdom universitities; technology transfer; third stream; performance indicators;
- O34 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-04-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-INO-2006-04-29 (Innovation)
- NEP-SOG-2006-04-29 (Sociology of Economics)
- NEP-TID-2006-04-29 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sru:ssewps:143. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Russell Eke) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/spessuk.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .