Were Hayek?s Monetary Policy Recommendations Inconsistent?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- White, Lawrence H, 1999. "Hayek's Monetary Theory and Policy: A Critical Reconstruction," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(1), pages 109-120, February.
- Gottfried Haberler, 1986. "Reflections on Hayek's Business Cycle Theory," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 6(2), pages 421-435, Fall.
- Nicolai Juul Foss, 1995. "More on “Hayek's Transformation”," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 345-364, Summer.
- Gerald O’Driscoll & Douglas Rasmussen, 2012. "Did Hayek have a monetary theory of business cycles?," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 25(3), pages 255-262, September.
- Bruce J. Caldwell, 1988. "Hayek's Transformation," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 20(4), pages 513-541, Winter.
- Witt, Ulrich, 1997. "The Hayekian Puzzle: Spontaneous Order and the Business Cycle," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 44(1), pages 44-58, February.
- Anthony Carilli & Gregory Dempster, 2008. "Is the Austrian business cycle theory still relevant?," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 21(4), pages 271-281, December.
- Lawrence H. White, 2008. "Did Hayek and Robbins Deepen the Great Depression?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(4), pages 751-768, June.
- Block, Walter & Garschina, Kenneth M, 1996. "Hayek, Business Cycles and Fractional Reserve Banking: Continuing the De-homogenization Process," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 9(1), pages 77-94.
More about this item
KeywordsF. A. Hayek; monetary policy; Austrian business cycle theory; price level stabilization; money stream stabilization;
- B22 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Macroeconomics
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- B53 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Austrian
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2015-04-02 (Central Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2015-04-02 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2015-04-02 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MON-2015-04-02 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sek:iefpro:0402133. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klara Cermakova). General contact details of provider: https://iises.net/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.