Success and failures of inward-looking development in Cuba (1990-2008): opportunities and problems for small farmers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mesa-Lago, Carmelo, 2005. "Social and economic problems in Cuba during the crisis and subsequent recovery," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Elisa Botella-Rodríguez, 2015. "Best practices for small farmers in Cuba and Costa Rica in the Global Era (1990-2008)," Historia Agraria. Revista de Agricultura e Historia Rural, Sociedad Española de Historia Agraria, issue 67, pages 179-215, december.
- Laura J. Enríquez, 2010. "The Cuban alternative to neoliberalism: Linkages between local production and tourism after 1990," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(2), pages 92-112, July.
- Carmelo Mesa-Lago, 2009. "Economic and Social Balance of 50 Years of Cuban Revolution," Annual Proceedings, The Association for the Study of the Cuban Economy, vol. 19.
More about this item
KeywordsCuba; small farmers; inward-looking development; food security; agriculture development; land structures;
All these keywords.
- N56 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:seh:wpaper:1406. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sehiaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Antonio Linares (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sehiaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.