Bertrand Delegation Games With Implementability In Weakly Undominated SPNE
In this paper we investigate a delegation game in which the underling situation is represented by a standard Bertrand price competition. In contrast to Fershtman, Judd, and Kalai (, hereafter FJK), we employ a weakly undominated SPNE as the equilibrium concept based on Shino  and keep the notion of the implementability unchanged. We first point out that optimal price setting behaviors derived by the assumption of "mutually rational players" in FJK are hard to justify from a standard game theory view in that they are assumed to play a weakly dominated strategy even when each of them has the weakly dominant strategy. Next, it is shown that there exists a compensation scheme fully implementing the "most collusive outcome" in which firms jointly set the monopoly price and equally share the profit.
|Date of creation:||03 Apr 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: New Jersey Hall - 75 Hamilton Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1248|
Phone: (732) 932-7363
Fax: (732) 932-7416
Web page: http://economics.rutgers.edu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fershtman, Chaim & Judd, Kenneth L & Kalai, Ehud, 1991.
"Observable Contracts: Strategic Delegation and Cooperation,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(3), pages 551-559, August.
- Chaim Fershtman & Kenneth L. Judd & Ehud Kalai, 1990. "Observable Contracts: Strategic Delegation and Cooperation," Discussion Papers 879, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Persson, Torsten & Roland, Gerard & Tabellini, Guido, 1998.
"Towards micropolitical foundations of public finance,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3-5), pages 685-694, May.
- Torsten Persson & Gerard Roland & Guido Tabellini, "undated". "Towards Micropolitical Foundations of Public Finance," Working Papers 119, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Junnosuke Shino, 2012. "2x2 Delegation Games With Implementability In Weakly Undominated SPNE," Departmental Working Papers 201202, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rut:rutres:201203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.