Marx, the Production Function and the Old Neoclassical Equilibrium: Workable under the Same Assumptions? With an Appendix on the Likelihood of Reswitching and of Wicksell Effects
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefano Zambelli, 2004.
"The 40% neoclassical aggregate theory of production,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 99-120, January.
- Zambelli Stefano, 2001. "The 40% Neoclassical Aggregate Theory of Production," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 42, Society for Computational Economics.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1966. "A Summing Up," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 80(4), pages 568-583.
- Schefold, B, 1988. "The Dominant Technique in Joint Production Systems," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(1), pages 97-123, March.
- Bertram Schefold, 2016. "Profits equal surplus value on average and the significance of this result for the Marxian theory of accumulationBeing a new contribution to Engels’ Prize Essay Competition, based on random matrices a," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(1), pages 165-199.
- Zonghie Han & Bertram Schefold, 2006. "An empirical investigation of paradoxes: reswitching and reverse capital deepening in capital theory," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(5), pages 737-765, September.
- Schefold, Bertram, 1979. "Capital, Growth, and Definitions of Technical Progress," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(1/2), pages 236-250.
- Theodore Mariolis & Lefteris Tsoulfidis, 2014. "On Bródy'S Conjecture: Theory, Facts And Figures About Instability Of The Us Economy," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(2), pages 209-223, June.
- Stefano Zambelli, 2014. "Aggregate Production Functions and Neoclassical Properties: An Empirical Verification," ASSRU Discussion Papers 1405, ASSRU - Algorithmic Social Science Research Unit.
- Salvadori, Neri & Steedman, Ian, 1988. "No Reswitching? No Switching!," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(4), pages 481-486, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luis Daniel Torres Gonzalez, 2017. "Regularities in Prices of Production and the Concentration of Compositions of Capitals," Working Papers 1709, New School for Social Research, Department of Economics.
- Mariolis, Theodore & Tsoulfidis, Lefteris, 2016. "Capital theory: Less is more," MPRA Paper 75923, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mariolis, Theodore & Tsoulfidis, Lefteris, 2018. "Less is More: Capital Theory and Almost Irregular-Uncontrollable Actual Economies," MPRA Paper 84214, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsCapital theory; Random matrices; Aggregate Production Function; Transformation problem; Wicksell effects;
- B13 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Neoclassical through 1925 (Austrian, Marshallian, Walrasian, Wicksellian)
- B14 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Socialist; Marxist
- E25 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Aggregate Factor Income Distribution
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-10-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2016-10-23 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-HME-2016-10-23 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-MAC-2016-10-23 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2016-10-23 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:sraffa:0019. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Saverio M. Fratini). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sraffit.html .