Low Cost Carriers and Airports Performance: Empirical Evidence from a Panel of UK Airports
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Anna Bottasso & Maurizio Conti & Claudio Piga, 2013. "Low-cost carriers and airports' performance: empirical evidence from a panel of UK airports," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 745-769, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Malighetti, Paolo & Paleari, Stefano & Redondi, Renato, 2016. "Base abandonments by low-cost carriers," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 234-244.
- Fabio Carlucci & Andrea Cirà & Paolo Coccorese, 2018. "Measuring and Explaining Airport Efficiency and Sustainability: Evidence from Italy," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-17, February.
- Augustyniak, Wojciech & LÃ³pez-Torres, Laura & Kalinowski, SÅ‚awomir, 2015. "Performance of Polish regional airports after accessing the European Union: Does liberalisation impact on airports' efficiency?," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 11-19.
- Ante Mandić & Marijana Teklić & Lidija Petrić, 2017. "RThe effects of the low cost carriers' presence on airport performance: evidence from Croatia," Tourism and Hospitality Management, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Tourism and Hospitality Management, vol. 23(1), pages 17-34, May.
- Bottasso, Anna & Conti, Maurizio & Vannoni, Davide, 2019.
"Scale and (quasi) scope economies in airport technology. An application to UK airports,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 150-164.
- Anna Bottasso & Maurizio Conti & Davide Vannoni, 2018. "Scale and (Quasi) Scope Economies in Airport Technology: an Application to UK Airports," Working papers 056, Department of Economics and Statistics (Dipartimento di Scienze Economico-Sociali e Matematico-Statistiche), University of Torino.
- Choo, Yap Yin & Oum, Tae Hoon, 2013. "Impacts of low cost carrier services on efficiency of the major U.S. airports," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 60-67.
- Button, Kenneth & Kramberger, TomaÅ¾ & Grobin, Klemen & Rosi, Bojan, 2018. "A note on the effects of the number of low-cost airlines on small tourist airports' efficiencies," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 92-97.
- Pacagnella, AntÃ´nio Carlos & Hollaender, Paulo Sodre & Mazzanati, Giovanni Vitale & Bortoletto, Wagner Wilson, 2021. "Efficiency drivers of international airports: A worldwide benchmarking study," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 90(C).
- Anna Bottasso & Martina Bruno & Maurizio Conti & Claudio Piga, 2017. "Competition, vertical relationship and countervailing power in the UK airport industry," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 37-62, August.
- Martini, Gianmaria & Scotti, Davide & Viola, Domenico & Vittadini, Giorgio, 2020. "Persistent and temporary inefficiency in airport cost function: An application to Italy," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 999-1019.
More about this item
KeywordsTotal Factor Productivity; Airports; LCCs;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2011-11-28 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-EFF-2011-11-28 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-EUR-2011-11-28 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-TUR-2011-11-28 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rim:rimwps:48_11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/rcfeait.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Marco Savioli (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/rcfeait.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.