Economic Shocks, Progressiveness of Taxation, and Indexation of Taxes and Public Expenditure in EMU
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Darrel Cohen & Glenn Follette, 2000.
"The automatic fiscal stabilizers: quietly doing their thing,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Apr, pages 35-67.
- Darrel Cohen & Glenn Follette, 1999. "The automatic fiscal stabilizers: quietly doing their thing," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-64, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gray, Jo Anna, 1976. "Wage indexation: A macroeconomic approach," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 221-235, April.
- Kleven, Henrik Jacobsen & Kreiner, Claus Thustrup, 2003.
"The role of taxes as automatic destabilizers in New Keynesian economics,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(5-6), pages 1123-1136, May.
- Claus Thustrup Hansen & Henrik Jacobsen Kleven, 2000. "The Role of Taxes as Automatic Destabilizers in New Keynesian Economics," CESifo Working Paper Series 399, CESifo Group Munich.
- Agell, Jonas & Dillen, Mats, 1994.
"Macroeconomic externalities : Are Pigouvian taxes the answer?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 111-126, January.
- Agell, J. & Dillen, M., 1991. "Macroeconomic Externalities: Are Pigovian Taxes thes Answer?," Papers 1991q, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Agell, J. & Dillen, M., 1991. "Macroeconomic Externalities: are Pigovian Taxes the Answer?," Papers 487, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Marco Buti & Carlos Martinez-Mongay & Khalid Sekkat & Paul van den Noord, 2002. "Automatic Stabilisers and Market Flexibility in EMU: Is There A Trade-Off?," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 335, OECD Publishing.
- Li Wenli & Pierre -Daniel Sarte, 2004. "Progressive Taxation and Long-Run Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(5), pages 1705-1716, December.
- Lassila, Jukka, 1995. "Income Tax Indexation in an Open Economy," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(2), pages 389-403, May.
- Bruce, Neil, 1981. "Some macroeconomic effects of income tax indexation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 271-275.
- Kotilainen, Markku, 1992. "Exchange Rate Unions: A Comparison to Currency Basket and Floating Rate Regimes - A Three-Country Model," Discussion Papers 399, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alho, Kari E.O., 2006. "Structural Reforms in the EU and Political Myopia in Economic Policies," Discussion Papers 1050, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic and monetary union; EMU; taxation; public expenditure; progressiveness of taxation; indexation;
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
- E64 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Incomes Policy; Price Policy
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- F42 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - International Policy Coordination and Transmission
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-04-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2006-04-22 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2006-04-22 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PBE-2006-04-22 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rif:dpaper:1011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kaija Hyvönen-Rajecki). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/etlaafi.html .