Neglect Private Debt at the Economy’s Peril: Applying Balance Sheet Recession Analysis to the Post Bail-in Cyprus Economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Savvakis C. Savvides, 2014. "The Pursuit of Economic Development," Journal of Finance and Investment Analysis, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 3(2), pages 1-1.
- Savvakis C. Savvides, 2016. "Overcoming Private Debt: Unblocking and rebuilding the loan burdened real economy in Cyprus," Development Discussion Papers 2016-08, JDI Executive Programs.
- Leslie G. Manison & Savvakis C. Savvides, 2016. "Towards Sustainable Growth: Rebuilding the Foundations of the Cyprus Economy," Development Discussion Papers 2016-07, JDI Executive Programs.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leslie G. Manison, 2017. "Lack Of Adjustment Of The Cyprus Household Sector: Results From The Eurosystem’S Household Finance And Consumption Surveys," Development Discussion Papers 2017-10, JDI Executive Programs.
More about this item
Keywordsbalance sheet recession; debt deflation spiral; sustainable growth; debt minimization; dissaving; aggregate demand; credit risk.;
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- H43 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Project Evaluation; Social Discount Rate
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-02-12 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qed:dpaper:303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bahman Kashi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/qedquca.html .