Knowledge Dynamics in Sustainable Standard Setting in Tourism â€“ The case of "Fair Trade in Tourism South Africa (FTTSA)"
The development of standards and certification programs in global tourism has gained importance in consumption-production nexus. The paper is dealing with â€œFair Trade in Tourism South Africaâ€ (FTTSA), one of the first innovative service standards with a focus on the social dimension of sustainability. Until now, there has been little detailed exploration in the evolutionary trajectories of sustainable tourism standards from a knowledge-based perspective. This paper will contribute to a deeper understanding of the standard creation in global-local interaction processes over time and its impacts on the micro level of the firms. Conceptually it builds on two scientific debates - the neo-institutional approaches in organizational theory focussing on institution building and the research on innovation and knowledge dynamics. Empirically, it is based on 32 interviews conducted with different actor groups.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.uni-marburg.de/fb19/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simone Strambach & Benjamin Klement, 2011. "Cumulative and Combinatorial Micro-dynamics of Knowledge: The Role of Space and Place in Knowledge Integration," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(11), pages 1843-1866, November.
- Olivier Crevoisier & Hugues Jeannerat, 2009.
"Territorial Knowledge Dynamics: From the Proximity Paradigm to Multi-location Milieus,"
GRET Publications and Working Papers
08-09, GRET Group of Research in Territorial Economy, University of Neuchâtel.
- Olivier Crevoisier & Hugues Jeannerat, 2009. "Territorial Knowledge Dynamics: From the Proximity Paradigm to Multi-location Milieus," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(8), pages 1223-1241, August.
- Karin Mahony, 2007. "Certification in the South African tourism industry: the case of Fair Trade in Tourism," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(3), pages 393-408.
- repec:nct:journl:v:17:y:2009:i:8:p:1223-1241 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pum:wpaper:2012-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christoph Mengs)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.