Informal Economy in SSA: Characteristics, size and tax potential
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anuradha Joshi & Wilson Prichard & Christopher Heady, 2014. "Taxing the Informal Economy: The Current State of Knowledge and Agendas for Future Research," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(10), pages 1325-1347, November.
- Chen, Martha Alter. & Jhabvala, Renana. & Lund, Frances., 2002. "Supporting workers in the informal economy : a policy framework," ILO Working Papers 993541733402676, International Labour Organization.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:354173 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anuradha Joshi & Wilson Prichard & Christopher Heady, 2014.
"Taxing the Informal Economy: The Current State of Knowledge and Agendas for Future Research,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(10), pages 1325-1347, November.
- Joshi, Anuradha & Prichard, Wilson & Heady, Christopher, 2014. "Taxing the Informal Economy: The Current State of Knowledge and Agendas for Future Research," Working Papers 13663, Institute of Development Studies, International Centre for Tax and Development.
- Leandro Medina & Friedrich Schneider, 2018. "Shadow Economies Around the World: What Did We Learn Over the Last 20 Years?," IMF Working Papers 18/17, International Monetary Fund.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Afonso, Oscar & Neves, Pedro Cunha & Pinto, Tiago, 2020. "The non-observed economy and economic growth: A meta-analysis," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 44(1).
- Gnangnon, Sèna Kimm, 2020. "Internet and tax reform in developing countries," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C).
- Olatunde Otusanya, Julius & Gbade Adeyeye, Babatunde & Ovienbor, Lucky, 2019. "Informal Sector Taxpayers' Perception Of Influence Of Government Accountability On Voluntary Tax Compliance And The Moderating Role Of Fiscal Exchange," International Journal of Accounting and Finance (IJAF), The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), vol. 8(2), pages 1-20, September.
- Mukherjee, Sacchidananda & Rao, R. Kavita, 2017. "Determinants of Registration of Unincorporated Enterprises under State Value Added Tax Act in India," MPRA Paper 81236, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mukherjee, Sacchidananda & Rao, R. Kavita, 2015. "Factors Influencing Unincorporated Enterprises to Register under Value Added Tax (VAT): An Analysis with Enterprises Survey Data," Working Papers 15/145, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Paraskevi Koufopoulou & Colin C. Williams & Athanassios Vozikis & Kyriakos Souliotis, 2019. "Shadow Economy: Definitions, terms & theoretical considerations," Advances in Management and Applied Economics, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 9(5), pages 1-3.
- Mohammed Abdullahi Umar & Chek Derashid & Idawati Ibrahim, 2017. "What Is Wrong With the Fiscal Social Contract of Taxation in Developing Countries? A Dialogue With Self-Employed Business Owners in Nigeria," SAGE Open, , vol. 7(4), pages 21582440177, December.
- Gwaindepi, Abel, 2019. "Domestic revenue mobilization in Sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America: A comparative analysis since 1980," Lund Papers in Economic History 209, Lund University, Department of Economic History.
- Prichard, Wilson, 2016. "Electoral Competitiveness, Tax Bargaining and Political Incentives in Developing Countries: Evidence from Political Budget Cycles Affecting Taxation," Working Papers 13713, Institute of Development Studies, International Centre for Tax and Development.
- Christine Lewis, 2019. "Raising more public revenue in Indonesia in a growth - and equity-friendly way," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1534, OECD Publishing.
- Godwin Dube & Daniela Casale, 2019. "Informal sector taxes and equity: Evidence from presumptive taxation in Zimbabwe," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 37(1), pages 47-66, January.
- International Monetary Fund, 2016. "Albania; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 16/143, International Monetary Fund.
- Djidonou, Gbenoukpo Robert & Foster-McGregor, Neil, 2020. "Stagnant manufacturing growth in India: The role of the informal economy," MERIT Working Papers 2020-041, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Era Dabla-Norris & Mark Gradstein & Fedor Miryugin & Florian Misch, 2019. "Productivity and Tax Evasion," CESifo Working Paper Series 8002, CESifo.
- Hilson, Gavin, 2020. "The ‘Zambia Model’: A blueprint for formalizing artisanal and small-scale mining in sub-Saharan Africa?," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C).
- Vaillancourt-Laflamme, Catherine., 2005. "Trade unions and informal workers' associations in the urban informal economy of Ecuador," ILO Working Papers 993837983402676, International Labour Organization.
- L. Di Matteo & Tom Barbiero, 2019.
"Spend Less, Get More? Explaining Health Spending and Outcome Differences Between Canada and Italy,"
077, Ryerson University, Department of Economics.
- Livio Di Matteo & Thomas Barbiero, 2020. "Spend Less, Get More? Explaining Health Spending and Outcome Differences Between Canada and Italy," Working Paper series 20-04, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Aurazo Jose & Vasquez Jose, 2019.
"Merchant Card Acceptance: An Extension of the Tourist Test for Developing Countries,"
Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 18(2), pages 109-139, June.
- Jose Aurazo & Jose Vasquez, 2019. "Merchant's Card Acceptance: An extension of the Tourist Test for Developing Countries," IHEID Working Papers 11-2019, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Richard Grieveson & Sebastian Leitner & Isilda Mara, 2020. "Monthly Report No. 01/2020," wiiw Monthly Reports 2020-01, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Nezhyvenko, O., 2019. "Indirect or Macroeconomic Methods in Measuring the Informal Economy," Journal of Applied Management and Investments, Department of Business Administration and Corporate Security, International Humanitarian University, vol. 8(4), pages 201-215, December.
More about this item
KeywordsInformal Economy; SSA; Taxation;
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-IUE-2020-03-02 (Informal & Underground Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:98644. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.