Comparing votes and seats with a diagonal (dis-) proportionality measure, using the slope-diagonal deviation (SDD) with cosine, sine and sign
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Draper, Norman R. & Yang, Yonghong (Fred), 1997. "Generalization of the geometric mean functional relationship," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 355-372, January.
- Colignatus, Thomas, 2007. "Correlation and regression in contingency tables. A measure of association or correlation in nominal data (contingency tables), using determinants," MPRA Paper 3394, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Jun 2007.
- Colignatus, Thomas, 2010. "Single vote multiple seats elections. Didactics of district versus proportional representation, using the examples of the United Kingdom and The Netherlands," MPRA Paper 22671, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Jul 2007.
- Colignatus, Thomas, 2017. "Two conditions for the application of Lorenz curve and Gini coefficient to voting and allocated seats," MPRA Paper 80297, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 21 Jul 2017.
- Colignatus, Thomas, 2009. "Elegance with substance," MPRA Paper 15173, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Moshe Koppel & Abraham Diskin, 2009. "Measuring disproportionality, volatility and malapportionment: axiomatization and solutions," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 33(2), pages 281-286, August.
- Colignatus, Thomas, 2017. "The performance of four possible rules for selecting the Prime Minister after the Dutch Parliamentary elections of March 2017," MPRA Paper 77616, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 17 Mar 2017.
- Tofallis, C., 2000. "Multiple Neutral Regression," Papers 2000:13, University of Hertfordshire - Business Schoool.
More about this item
KeywordsGeneral Economics; Social Choice; Social Welfare; Election; Majority Rule; Parliament; Party System; Representation; Proportion; District; Voting; Seat; Metric; Euclid; Distance; Cosine; Sine; Gallagher; Loosemore-Hanby; Sainte-Laguë; Largest Remainder; Webster; Jefferson; Hamilton; Slope Diagonal Deviation; Correlation; Diagonal regression; Regression through the origin; Apportionment; Disproportionality; Equity; Inequality; Lorenz; Gini coefficient;
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-08-27 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:80833. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .