Corporate Social Responsibility: An Islamic Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Roszaini Haniffa & Mohammad Hudaib, 2007. "Exploring the Ethical Identity of Islamic Banks via Communication in Annual Reports," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 76(1), pages 97-116, November.
- Kotchen Matthew & Moon Jon J., 2012.
"Corporate Social Responsibility for Irresponsibility,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 1-23, November.
- Matthew J. Kotchen & Jon Jungbien Moon, 2011. "Corporate Social Responsibility for Irresponsibility," NBER Working Papers 17254, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bassam Maali & Peter Casson & Christopher Napier, 2006. "Social reporting by islamic banks," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 42(2), pages 266-289, June.
- Dima Jamali & Ramez Mirshak, 2007. "Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): Theory and Practice in a Developing Country Context," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 72(3), pages 243-262, May.
- Farook, Sayd, 2007. "On Corporate Social Responsibility Of Islamic Financial Institutions," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 15, pages 31-46.
- Abul Hassan & Hjh Salma Binti Abdul Latiff, 2009. "Corporate social responsibility of Islamic financial institutions and businesses: Optimizing charity value," Humanomics: The International Journal of Systems and Ethics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(3), pages 177-188, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Elasrag, Hussein, 2015. "Corporate social responsibility in Islam," MPRA Paper 63670, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zakaria Ali Aribi & Thankom Arun, 2015. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Islamic Financial Institutions (IFIs): Management Perceptions from IFIs in Bahrain," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 129(4), pages 785-794, July.
- Osman, Mohamed & Gallhofer, Sonja & Haslam, Jim, 2021. "Contextualising and critically theorising corporate social responsibility reporting: Dynamics of the late Mubarak Era in Egypt," CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON ACCOUNTING, Elsevier, vol. 74(C).
- Muhammad Bilal Zafar & Ahmad Azam Sulaiman, 2019. "Corporate social responsibility and Islamic banks: a systematic literature review," Management Review Quarterly, Springer, vol. 69(2), pages 159-206, June.
- Ismail Ben Douissa & Tawfik Azrak, 2017. "Did the Attitude of Banks Towards Corporate Social Responsibility Reporting Change Since the Last Global Financial Crisis? A Comparative Study of Conventional and Islamic Banks in the United Arab Emir," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(4), pages 468-477.
- Amin Jan & Maran Marimuthu & Muhammad Pisol bin @Mat Isa & Pia A. Albinsson, 2021. "Sustainability Practices and Banks Financial Performance: A Conceptual Review from the Islamic Banking Industry in Malaysia," International Journal of Business and Management, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 13(11), pages 1-61, July.
- Ataur Belal & Omneya Abdelsalam & Sardar Nizamee, 2015. "Ethical Reporting in Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited (1983–2010)," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 129(4), pages 769-784, July.
- Amin Jan & Mário Nuno Mata & Pia A. Albinsson & José Moleiro Martins & Rusni Bt Hassan & Pedro Neves Mata, 2021. "Alignment of Islamic Banking Sustainability Indicators with Sustainable Development Goals: Policy Recommendations for Addressing the COVID-19 Pandemic," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(5), pages 1-38, March.
- Muhammad Ali & Syed Ali Raza & Chin-Hong Puah & Mohd Zaini Abd Karim, 2017.
"Islamic home financing in Pakistan: a SEM-based approach using modified TPB model,"
Housing Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(8), pages 1156-1177, November.
- Ali, Muhammad & Raza, Syed Ali & Chin-Hong, Puah, 2015. "Islamic home financing in Pakistan: A SEM based approach using modified TPB model," MPRA Paper 67877, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Sep 2015.
- Shifa Mohd Nor & Ruzita Abdul Rahim & Zizah Che Senik, 2016. "The potentials of internalising social banking among the Malaysian Islamic banks," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 347-372, April.
- Sofia Yasmin & Roszaini Haniffa & Mohammad Hudaib, 2014. "Communicated Accountability by Faith-Based Charity Organisations," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 122(1), pages 103-123, June.
- Yenni Viviana Duque Orozco & Deissy Martínez Barón & Sandra Liliana Botón Gómez, 2012. "Una revisiÃ³n a la investigaciÃ³n en responsabilidad social corporativa en el sector bancario," Revista Equidad y Desarrollo, Universidad de la Salle, August.
- Tarek Chenini & Ahlem Boubker & Sawssen Nafti & Mosbah Lafi, 2021. "Financial Performance and Social Responsibility-The Case of Islamic Banks: A Theoretical and Empirical Study," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 13(9), pages 1-94, August.
- Ahmed,Habib & Mohieldin,Mahmoud & Verbeek,Jos & Aboulmagd,Farida Wael, 2015. "On the sustainable development goals and the role of Islamic finance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7266, The World Bank.
- Akrum Helfaya & Amr Kotb & Rasha Hanafi, 2018. "Qur’anic Ethics for Environmental Responsibility: Implications for Business Practice," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 150(4), pages 1105-1128, July.
- Darus, Faizah & Ahmad Shukri, Nurul Huda & Yusoff, Haslinda & Ramli, Aliza & Mohamed Zain, Mustaffa & Abu Bakar, Nur Ain, 2017. "Empowering social responsibility of Islamic organizations through Waqf," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 959-965.
- Abul Hassan & Sofyan Syafri Harahap, 2010. "Exploring corporate social responsibility disclosure: the case of Islamic banks," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(3), pages 203-227, August.
- Jusoh, Wan Noor Hazlina Wan & Ibrahim, Uzaimah, 2017. "Corporate Social Responsibility of Islamic Banks in Malaysia: Arising Issues," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 25, pages 155-172.
- Fangjun Wang & Zhichao Zhang & Luying Xu, 2020. "Corporate social responsibility and financial statement comparability: Evidence from China," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 27(3), pages 1375-1394, May.
- Mehreen Mehreen & Maran Marimuthu & Samsul Ariffin Abdul Karim & Amin Jan, 2020. "Proposing a Multidimensional Bankruptcy Prediction Model: An Approach for Sustainable Islamic Banking," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(8), pages 1-18, April.
More about this item
KeywordsIslam; Corporate Social Responsibility; Islamic perspective;
All these keywords.
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- M0 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - General
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HME-2015-11-07 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2015-11-07 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:67537. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.