An Analysis of Korea-Vietnam Bilateral Trade Relation
Republic of Korean – Vietnam relation has been rapidly deepened in all fields, especially trade and investment since the establishment of diplomatic ties in 1992. This paper analyzes the patterns and trends in the trade relations between the two countries in the past twenty years. Various trade indices such as Trade intensity, Trade complementarities, Intra industry and Revealed comparative advantages were used to describe the structure and composition in the Korea-Vietnam bilateral trade. The study results show that trade pattern between Korea and Vietnam is predominantly inter-industry trade and complementary. The main findings also suggest that there is significant potential for further growth of trade between two countries
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tran Nhuan Kien & Hong Ryul Lee & Yoon Heo, 2010. "Dynamic Patterns of Korea-Vietnam Trade Relations," International Area Studies Review, Center for International Area Studies, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, vol. 13(2), pages 257-279, Summer.
- Paulo Bastos & Manuel Cabral, 2007.
"The Dynamics of International Trade Patterns,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 143(3), pages 391-415, October.
- Fithra Faisal Hastiadi, 2012. "The Determinants of China-Japan-Koreas Vertical Intra Industry Trade to ASEAN4 countries," Working Papers in Economics and Business 201205, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia, revised May 2012.
- Ando, Mitsuyo, 2006. "Fragmentation and vertical intra-industry trade in East Asia," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 257-281, December.
- Yushi Yoshida, 2008. "Intra-Industry Trade Between Japan and Korea: Vertical Intra-Industry Trade, Fragmentation and Export Margins," Discussion Papers 32, Kyushu Sangyo University, Faculty of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:48312. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.