Civilizing capitalism: “good” and “bad” greed from the enlightenment to Thorstein Veblen (1857-1929)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Erik Reinert & Arno Daastøl, 1997. "Exploring the Genesis of Economic Innovations: The Religious Gestalt-Switch and the Duty to Invent as Preconditions for Economic Growth," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 233-283, May.
- Erik S. Reinert & Arno Mong Daaol Author-X-Name-FirstArno Mong, 2011. "Production Capitalism vs Financial Capitalism - Symbiosis and Parasitism. An Evolutionary Perspective and Bibliography," The Other Canon Foundation and Tallinn University of Technology Working Papers in Technology Governance and Economic Dynamics 36, TUT Ragnar Nurkse Department of Innovation and Governance.
- Erik S. Reinert, 2012. "Mechanisms of Financial Crises in Growth and Collapse: Hammurabi, Schumpeter, Perez, and Minsky," The Other Canon Foundation and Tallinn University of Technology Working Papers in Technology Governance and Economic Dynamics 39, TUT Ragnar Nurkse Department of Innovation and Governance.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Erik Reinert, 2005. "A Brief Introduction to Veit Ludwig von Seckendorff (1626–1692)," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 221-230, May.
- Kim, Yong Jin & Lee, Chul-In, 2015. "Social values and economic dynamics," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 69-84.
- Ciborowski, Robert, 2016. "Innovation Systems In The Terms Of Schumpeterian Crea-Tive Destruction," EUREKA: Social and Humanities, Scientific Route OÜ, issue 4, pages 29-37.
- Reinert, Erik S., 2004. "How rich nations got rich. Essays in the history of economic policy," MPRA Paper 48147, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Erik Reinert, 2007. "Towards an Austro–German theory of uneven economic development? A plea for theorising by inclusion," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 20(2), pages 155-170, September.
- Erik S. Reinert, 2006. "Institutionalism Ancient, Old and New: A Historical Perspective on Institutions and Uneven Development," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2006-77, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Reinert, Erik S., 2012. "Neo-classical economics: A trail of economic destruction since the 1970s," MPRA Paper 47910, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsCapitalism; economic history; Thorstein Veblen;
All these keywords.
- N00 - Economic History - - General - - - General
- P10 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2013-07-15 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HME-2013-07-15 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2013-07-15 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2013-07-15 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:47931. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.