A firm level study of the determinants of export performance in machinery and transport equipment industry of India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Katz, Jorge M., 1984. "Domestic technological innovations and dynamic comparative advantage : Further reflections on a comparative case-study program," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-2), pages 13-37.
- Hal B. Lary, 1968. "Imports of Manufactures from Less Developed Countries," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number lary68-1, December.
- Seev Hirsch, 1974. "Capital or technology? Confronting the neo-factor proportions and neo-technology accounts of international trade," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 110(4), pages 535-563, December.
- Raymond Vernon, 1970. "Introduction to "The Technology Factor in International Trade"," NBER Chapters, in: The Technology Factor in International Trade, pages 1-5, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lall, Sanjaya & Kumar, Rajiv, 1981. "Firm-level export performance in an inward-looking economy: The Indian engineering industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 453-463, May.
- Herbert Glejser & Alexis Jacquemin & Jean Petit, 1980. "Exports in an Imperfect Competition Framework: An Analysis of 1,446 Exporters," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 94(3), pages 507-524.
- Raymond Vernon, 1970. "The Technology Factor in International Trade," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number vern70-1, December.
- Gary Hufbauer, 1970. "The Impact of National Characteristics & Technology on the Commodity Composition of Trade in Manufactured Goods," NBER Chapters, in: The Technology Factor in International Trade, pages 145-231, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lall, Sanjaya & Mohammad, Sharif, 1983. "Technological effort and disembodied technology exports: An econometric analysis of inter-industry variations in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 527-535, June.
- Dahlman, Carl J. & Sercovich, Francisco C., 1984. "Exports of technology from semi-industrial economies and local technological development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-2), pages 63-99.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lücke, Matthias, 1992. "Technischer Fortschritt und die Arbeitsteilung zwischen Industrie- und Entwicklungsländern: eine empirische Analyse," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 758, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Foders, Federico, 1983. "Industriegüterexport und Faktorproportionenhypothese: Untersuchung am Beispiel der Exportstruktur Argentiniens," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 439, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Mark Hiley, 1999. "The dynamics of changing comparative advantage in the Asia‐Pacific region," Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 446-467.
- Mohan Babu, G.N., 1999. "The Determinants of Firm-level Technological Performances - A Study on the Indian Capital Goods Sector," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 1999-01, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Patrick Ternaux & Desislava Kolarova, 2007. "Delocalisation and ICT Outsourcing in the CEEC Countries: The Role of Proximities," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(3), pages 279-292, April.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:258768 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mirela UJKANI MITI & Nertila Ã‡ika & Sotiraq Dhamo, 2018. "Information of the Financial Statements Disclosures - Case of Albania," European Journal of Economics and Business Studies Articles, Revistia Research and Publishing, vol. 4, September.
- Kiljunen, Kimmo, 1986. "The international division of industrial labour and the core-periphery concept," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Godin, Benoit, 2004. "The New Economy: what the concept owes to the OECD," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 679-690, July.
- Lars Lundberg, 1992. "The structure of swedish international trade and specialization: “old” and “new” explanations," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 128(2), pages 266-287, June.
- Sanjaya Lall, 1986. "Technological development and export performance in LDCs: Leading engineering and chemical firms in India," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 122(1), pages 80-92, March.
- Ozcelik, Emre & Taymaz, Erol, 2004.
"Does innovativeness matter for international competitiveness in developing countries?: The case of Turkish manufacturing industries,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 409-424, April.
- Emre Özçelik & Erol Taymaz, 2001. "Does Innovativeness Matter for International Competitiveness in Developing Countries? The Case of Turkish Manufacturing Industries," ERC Working Papers 0107, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Jul 2001.
- J L Enos, 1989. "Transfer Of Technology," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 3(1), pages 2-36, March.
- Athukorala, Premachandra & Jayasuriya, Sisira & Oczkowski, Edward, 1995. "Multinational firms and export performance in developing countries: Some analytical issues and new empirical evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 109-122, February.
- K.J. Joseph, 2005. "Strategic Approach to Strengthening the International Competitiveness in Knowledge Based Industries : Electronics Industry," Microeconomics Working Papers 22102, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Marie Gomez Breysse, 2016. "L'entrepreneur « lifestyle »," Post-Print hal-01995343, HAL.
- Furtado, André Tosi & Scandiffio, Mirna Ivonne Gaya & Cortez, Luis Augusto Barbosa, 2011. "The Brazilian sugarcane innovation system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 156-166, January.
- McKendrick, David, 1995. "Sources of imitation: improving bank process capabilities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 783-802, September.
- Murphy, Kevin M. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1997.
"Quality and trade,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 1-15, June.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Andrei Shleifer, 1991. "Quality and Trade," NBER Working Papers 3622, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kevin M.Shleifer Murphy & Andrei, 1991. "Quality and Trade," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 66, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Mohd. Fayaz & Sandeep Kaur Bhatia, 2018. "Technological Intensity of Indian Exports and the Performance of Emerging Asian Economies," Emerging Economy Studies, International Management Institute, vol. 4(1), pages 62-77, May.
- James DD., 1988. "Impact of technology imports on indigenous technological capacity: the case study of Mexico," ILO Working Papers 992587683402676, International Labour Organization.
More about this item
Keywordsneo-factor proportions; neo-technology theory; firm level export; machinery and transport equipment; India;
All these keywords.
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2013-06-04 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2013-06-04 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2013-06-04 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-INT-2013-06-04 (International Trade)
- NEP-TRE-2013-06-04 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:47127. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.