A firm level study of the determinants of export performance in machinery and transport equipment industry of India
The paper seeks to analyse the determinants of export performance for large firms operating in the machinery and transpoprt equipment Industry of India. The study follows the neo-factor proportion and neo-technology approaches relevant for firm level export. The study establishes the importance of skill factors and technological collaborations in explaining the export performance of firms operating in the Indian machinery and transport equipment Industry. Skilled workers, whether they are employed for product innovation/adaptation, production engineering, or export marketing have contributed immensely to improved export performance in this industry.
|Date of creation:||21 May 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Indian Economic Journal 3.36(1989): pp. 36-48|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Raymond Vernon, 1970. "Introduction to "The Technology Factor in International Trade"," NBER Chapters, in: The Technology Factor in International Trade, pages 1-5 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Hufbauer, 1970. "The Impact of National Characteristics & Technology on the Commodity Composition of Trade in Manufactured Goods," NBER Chapters, in: The Technology Factor in International Trade, pages 145-231 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Seev Hirsch, 1974. "Capital or technology? Confronting the neo-factor proportions and neo-technology accounts of international trade," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 110(4), pages 535-563, December.
- Herbert Glejser & Alexis Jacquemin & Jean Petit, 1980. "Exports in an Imperfect Competition Framework: An Analysis of 1,446 Exporters," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 94(3), pages 507-524.
- Lall, Sanjaya & Mohammad, Sharif, 1983. "Technological effort and disembodied technology exports: An econometric analysis of inter-industry variations in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 527-535, June.
- Katz, Jorge M., 1984. "Domestic technological innovations and dynamic comparative advantage : Further reflections on a comparative case-study program," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-2), pages 13-37.
- Lall, Sanjaya & Kumar, Rajiv, 1981. "Firm-level export performance in an inward-looking economy: The Indian engineering industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 453-463, May.
- Hal B. Lary, 1968. "Imports of Manufactures from Less Developed Countries," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number lary68-1.
- Raymond Vernon, 1970. "The Technology Factor in International Trade," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number vern70-1.
- Dahlman, Carl J. & Sercovich, Francisco C., 1984. "Exports of technology from semi-industrial economies and local technological development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-2), pages 63-99.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:47127. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.