Estimating term structure changes using principal component analysis in Indian sovereign bond market
This paper analyses the India sovereign yield to find out the principal factors affecting the term structure of interest rate changes. We apply Principal Component Analysis (PCA) on our data consisting of zero coupon interest rates derived from government bond trading using Nelson-Siegel functional form. This decomposition of the yield curve highlights important relationship between identified factors and metrics of the term structure shape. The empirical findings support statistical similarities between the Indian yield curve and term structure studies of major countries.
|Date of creation:||04 Jun 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Sébastien Fontaine & René Garcia, 2012.
"Bond Liquidity Premia,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 25(4), pages 1207-1254.
- Andrew Ang & Jean Boivin & Sen Dong & Rudy Loo-Kung, 2011.
"Monetary Policy Shifts and the Term Structure,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 78(2), pages 429-457.
- Nelson, Charles R & Siegel, Andrew F, 1987. "Parsimonious Modeling of Yield Curves," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(4), pages 473-89, October.
- Joseph G. Haubrich & George Pennacchi & Peter H. Ritchken, 2008. "Estimating real and nominal term structures using Treasury yields, inflation, inflation forecasts, and inflation swap rates," Working Paper 0810, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Nikolaus Hautsch & Yangguoyi Ou, 2008. "Yield Curve Factors, Term Structure Volatility, and Bond Risk Premia," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2008-053, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Michael J. Fleming, 1997. "The round-the-clock market for U.S. Treasury securities," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jul, pages 9-32.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39229. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.