The Keynesian and the convergence theories in the Portuguese manufactured industry. Another approach
The aim of this paper is to present a further contribution to the analysis of absolute convergence, associated with the neoclassical theory, of the manufactured industry productivity at regional level and for the period from 1995 to 1999. This work aims, also, to test the Verdoorn Law, with the alternative specifications of (1)Kaldor (1966), for the five Portuguese regions (NUTS II), from 1995 to 1999. It is intended to test, yet in this work, the alternative interpretation of (2)Rowthorn (1975) about the Verdoorn's Law for the same regions and period.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martinho, Vítor João Pereira Domingues, 2011.
"Sectoral convergence in output per worker between Portuguese regions,"
32269, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vitor Joao Pereira Domingues Martinho, 2011. "Sectoral Convergence in Output Per Worker Between Portuguese Regions," Papers 1110.5552, arXiv.org.
- Nazrul Islam, 1995. "Growth Empirics: A Panel Data Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(4), pages 1127-1170.
- Vitor Joao Pereira Domingues Martinho, 2011.
"The Verdoorn Law in the Portuguese Regions: A Panel Data Analysis,"
- Martinho, Vítor João Pereira Domingues, 2011. "The Verdoorn law in the Portuguese regions: a panel data analysis," MPRA Paper 32186, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 2007. "Regional Problems are "Balance-of-Payments" Problems," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(sup1), pages 89-95.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33373. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.