The Keynesian and the convergence theories in the Portuguese manufactured industry. Another approach
The aim of this paper is to present a further contribution to the analysis of absolute convergence, associated with the neoclassical theory, of the manufactured industry productivity at regional level and for the period from 1995 to 1999. This work aims, also, to test the Verdoorn Law, with the alternative specifications of (1)Kaldor (1966), for the five Portuguese regions (NUTS II), from 1995 to 1999. It is intended to test, yet in this work, the alternative interpretation of (2)Rowthorn (1975) about the Verdoorn's Law for the same regions and period.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martinho, Vítor João Pereira Domingues, 2011. "Sectoral convergence in output per worker between Portuguese regions," MPRA Paper 32269, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Islam, Nazrul, 1995. "Growth Empirics: A Panel Data Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 110(4), pages 1127-70, November.
- Vitor Joao Pereira Domingues Martinho, 2011. "The Verdoorn Law in the Portuguese Regions: A Panel Data Analysis," Papers 1110.5544, arXiv.org.
- Vitor Joao Pereira Domingues Martinho, 2011. "Sectoral Convergence in Output Per Worker Between Portuguese Regions," Papers 1110.5552, arXiv.org.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 2007. "Regional Problems are "Balance-of-Payments" Problems," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(sup1), pages S89-S95.
- Martinho, Vítor João Pereira Domingues, 2011. "The Verdoorn law in the Portuguese regions: a panel data analysis," MPRA Paper 32186, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33373. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.