Natural resource wealth “a truly double edged sword?”: a comparative study between Iran and Norway
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Silje Aslaksen & Ragnar Torvik, 2006.
"A Theory of Civil Conflict and Democracy in Rentier States,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 108(4), pages 571-585, December.
- Silje Aslaksen & Ragnar Torvik, 2005. "A theory of civil conflict and democracy in rentier states," Working Paper Series 5805, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur, 2001.
"Natural resources, education, and economic development,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 847-859, May.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur, 2000. "Natural Resources, Education, and Economic Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 2594, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Larsen, E.Roed., 2005. "Are rich countries immune to the resource curse? Evidence from Norway's management of its oil riches," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 75-86, June.
- Atsushi Iimi, 2007. "Escaping from the Resource Curse: Evidence from Botswana and the Rest of the World," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 54(4), pages 663-699, November.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D. & Warner, Andrew M., 2001. "The curse of natural resources," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 827-838, May.
More about this item
KeywordsResource riches; resource curse; Norway; Iran;
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:25639. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.