Simulation of a nonlinear econometric model
This paper describes some analytic simulation experiments performed on a nonlinear macroeconometric model of the Italian economy. The proposed techniques extend to nonlinear models methods that are available, in the literature, for linear econometric models. The results can be profitably used either to validate the model or to evaluate the reliability of economic policy experiments.
|Date of creation:||1979|
|Date of revision:||1980|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bianchi, Carlo & Calzolari, Giorgio, 1980. "The One-Period Forecast Errors in Nonlinear Econometric Models," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(1), pages 201-08, February.
- Bianchi, Carlo & Calzolari, Giorgio & Corsi, Paolo, 1978. "A Program for Stochastic Simulation of Econometric Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 235-36, January.
- Howrey, E Philip & Klein, Lawrence R, 1972. "Dynamic Properties of Nonlinear Econometric Models," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 13(3), pages 599-618, October.
- Schmidt, Peter, 1973. "The Asymptotic Distribution of Dynamic Multipliers," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(1), pages 161-64, January.
- Bianchi, Carlo & Calzolari, Giorgio & Cleur, Eugene M., 1978. "Spectral analysis of stochastic and analytic simulation results for a nonlinear model for the Italian economy," MPRA Paper 22966, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 1978.
- Schmidt, Peter, 1974. "The Asymptotic Distribution of Forecasts in the Dynamic Simulation of an Econometric Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(2), pages 303-09, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:24440. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.