A note on empirical sample distribution of journal impact factors in major discipline groups
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Egghe, L., 2009. "Mathematical derivation of the impact factor distribution," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 290-295.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mishra, SK, 2010. "Temporal changes in the parameters of statistical distribution of journal impact factor," MPRA Paper 21263, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sarabia, José María & Prieto, Faustino & Trueba, Carmen, 2012. "Modeling the probabilistic distribution of the impact factor," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 66-79.
- Brzezinski, Michal, 2014.
"Empirical modeling of the impact factor distribution,"
Journal of Informetrics,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 362-368.
- Michał Brzeziński, 2014. "Empirical modeling of the impact factor distribution," Working Papers 2014-01, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
More about this item
KeywordsJournal impact factor; JIF; theoretical probability distribution; Burr; Dagum; Generalized extreme value; generalized gamma; Inverse Gaussian; Johnson SU; Johnson SB; Kumaraswamy; Log-logistic; lognonmal; log-Pearson; Weibull; Generalized normal; Hypersecant; Beta; empirical distribution; sample;
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-27 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:20747. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.