A note on empirical sample distribution of journal impact factors in major discipline groups
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Egghe, L., 2009. "Mathematical derivation of the impact factor distribution," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 290-295.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mishra, SK, 2010. "Temporal changes in the parameters of statistical distribution of journal impact factor," MPRA Paper 21263, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sarabia, José María & Prieto, Faustino & Trueba, Carmen, 2012. "Modeling the probabilistic distribution of the impact factor," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 66-79.
- Brzezinski, Michal, 2014.
"Empirical modeling of the impact factor distribution,"
Journal of Informetrics,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 362-368.
- Michał Brzeziński, 2014. "Empirical modeling of the impact factor distribution," Working Papers 2014-01, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
More about this item
KeywordsJournal impact factor; JIF; theoretical probability distribution; Burr; Dagum; Generalized extreme value; generalized gamma; Inverse Gaussian; Johnson SU; Johnson SB; Kumaraswamy; Log-logistic; lognonmal; log-Pearson; Weibull; Generalized normal; Hypersecant; Beta; empirical distribution; sample;
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-27 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:20747. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .