Capital humano y patrón de crecimiento sectorial y territorial: España (1964-1998)
[Human Capital and Sectorial and Territorial Growth Patterns: Spain (1964-1998)]
This study analyses the time, sectorial and spatial pattern of the process of accumulation of human capital in Spain during the period 1964-98. The results show the generalized nature of the improvements as the basic feature. The increase that has taken place in each sector proves much more relevant than the change in the sectorial structure of the different territorie3s when it comes to accounting for the trendsin the provinces. The data also indicates that there has been spatial convergence in human capital endowments and confirms the influence of these on the determination of the per capita income of the Spanish provinces in the long term.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Publication status:||Forthcoming in Papeles de economía española 86 (2000): pp. 20-41|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arantza Gorostiaga, 1999. "¿Cómo afecta el capital público y el capital humano al crecimiento?," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 23(1), pages 95-114, January.
- Lorenzo Serrano-Martínez, 1999.
"Capital humano, estructura sectorial y crecimiento en las regiones españolas,"
Fundación SEPI, vol. 23(2), pages 225-249, May.
- Lorenzo Serrano Martínez, 1998. "Capital Humano, Estructura Sectorial Y Crecimiento En Las Regiones Españolas," Working Papers. Serie EC 1998-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Charles R. Hulten, 2000. "Total Factor Productivity: A Short Biography," NBER Working Papers 7471, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Canova, Fabio & Marcet, Albert, 1995. "The Poor Stay Poor: Non-Convergence Across Countries and Regions," CEPR Discussion Papers 1265, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fabio Canova & Albert Marcet, 1995. "The poor stay poor: Non-convergence across countries and regions," Economics Working Papers 137, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 1999.
- Evans, Paul & Karras, Georgios, 1996. "Convergence revisited," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 249-265, April.
- Angel de la Fuente, "undated". "La dinámica territorial de la población española: Un panorama y algunos resultados provisionales," Studies on the Spanish Economy 05, FEDEA. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17582. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.