Technical Progress and Long-Run Growth
The types of technical progress referred to in the theory of economic growth are passed in review and their relations studied in detail. Light is also shed on the dependence of the long-run rate of growth, in the presence of a constant rate of saving, on the type of technical progress taking place in the economy, both in the most general case and in that of an aggregate C.E.S. production function; what happens in this respect in the case when technical progress is Harrod neutral is well known, the same cannot be said of the case when technical progress is not Harrod neutral.
|Date of creation:||Dec 1969|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R. Sato & M. J. Beckmann, 1968. "Neutral Inventions and Production Functions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(1), pages 1-2.
- E. S. Phelps, 1966.
"Models of Technical Progress and the Golden Rule of Research,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 33(2), pages 133-145.
- Edmond S. Phelps, 1964. "Models of Technical Progress and the Golden Rule of Research," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 176, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- T. W. Swan, 1956. "ECONOMIC GROWTH and CAPITAL ACCUMULATION," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 32(2), pages 334-361, November.
- E. Sheshinski, 1967. "Balanced Growth and Stability in the Johansen Vintage Model," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(2), pages 239-248.
- Swan, Trevor W, 2002. "Economic Growth," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 78(243), pages 375-380, December.
- H. Uzawa, 1961. "Neutral Inventions and the Stability of Growth Equilibrium," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(2), pages 117-124.
- F. M. Fisher, 1968. "Embodied Technology and the Aggregation of Fixed and Movable Capital Goods," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(4), pages 417-428. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17464. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.