Predicting share price of energy companies: June-September 2009
Previously, we have revealed the presence of a reliable linear dependence between share prices of energy-related companies and the difference between CPI and core CPI: any change in share prices is transmitted into a proportional change in this difference two and half months later. The difference itself is characterized by sustainable trends reigning over seven to twenty-year intervals. As a result, the link between the share prices and the difference allows predicting the former over longer intervals. Since mid-2008, the previously observed trend has been undergoing a transition to a new trend. Accordingly, one may formulate two principal problems: “What is the dependence between share price and CPI during the transition?” and “When and how can one determine the properties of the new trend?” Currently available information on the CPI allows predicting the share prices between June and September 2009.
|Date of creation:||22 Jun 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ivan O. Kitov & Oleg I. Kitov, 2008.
"Long-Term Linear Trends In Consumer Price Indices,"
Journal of Applied Economic Sciences,
Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 3(2(4)_Summ).
- Kitov, Ivan & Kitov, Oleg, 2009.
"Sustainable trends in producer price indices,"
15194, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ivan O. KITOV & Oleg I. KITOV, 2009. "Sustainable Trends In Producer Price Indices," Journal of Applied Research in Finance Bi-Annually, ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 43-51, June.
- Kitov, Ivan, 2009. "ConocoPhillips and Exxon Mobil stock price," MPRA Paper 15334, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kitov, Ivan & Kitov, Oleg, 2009. "A fair price for motor fuel in the United States," MPRA Paper 15039, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kitov, Ivan & Kitov, Oleg, 2009. "Modelling of selected S&P 500 share prices," MPRA Paper 15862, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:15863. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.