Crecimiento e Infraestructuras
[Growth and Infrastructures]
This paper examines some contributions to the analysis of the importance of public capital, particularly infrastructure in Spain’s economic growth. We highlight the positive contribution of productive public capital to growth and convergence between regions. We also describe the profile of capital accumulation during the first eight years of the decade, drawing attention to the slowdown in investment in infrastructure. Finally, we provide some reflections about the future.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Date of revision:||2000|
|Publication status:||Published in Economistas 84 (2000): pp. 338-342|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989.
"Is public expenditure productive?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- David Aschauer, 1988. "Is public expenditure productive?," Staff Memoranda 88-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Matilde Mas & Joaquin Maudos & Francisco Perez & Ezequiel Uriel, 1996. "Infrastructures and Productivity in the Spanish Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(7), pages 641-649.
- Ezequiel Uriel Jiménez & Francisco Pérez García & Matilde Mas Ivars & Joaquín Maudos Villarroya, 1995. "Infrastructures And Productivity In The Spanish Regions," Working Papers. Serie EC 1995-10, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Mas, Matilde, et al, 1998. "Public Capital, Productive Efficiency and Convergence in the Spanish Regions (1964-93)," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 44(3), pages 383-396, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:15833. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.