Italian Household Wealth: Background, Main Results, Outlook
The paper offers a broad overview of the topics addressed during the Bank of Italy's conference on Household wealth in Italy held in Perugia (Italy) in 2007. It recalls the principal reasons for central bank involvement in the compilation of statistics on wealth, looks at the Bank of Italy's experience in this specific field, provides a brief synopsis of the research to date and compares the new estimates with those previously available. The final section provides some thoughts on the future direction of the research.
|Date of creation:||May 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Household wealth in Italy, Banca d’Italia, 2008 (2008): pp. 13-29|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cannari Luigi & D'Alessio G. & Venturini Andrea, 2003. "La ricchezza delle famiglie nelle regioni italiane," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1-2, pages 47-86.
- Barro, Robert J., 1974.
"Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?,"
3451399, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Giovanni D'Alessio & Ivan Faiella, 2002. "Non-response behaviour in the Bank of Italyï¿½s Survey of Household Income and Wealth," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 462, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Robert J. Barro, 1988.
"The Ricardian Approach to Budget Deficits,"
728, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2006.
"Monetary Policy Strategy: How Did We Get Here?,"
NBER Working Papers
12515, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Reiter, 1999. "Asset prices and the measurement of wealth and saving," Economics Working Papers 396, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Alchian, Armen A & Klein, Benjamin, 1973. "On a Correct Measure of Inflation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 5(1), pages 173-91, Part I Fe.
- Claudia Biancotti & Giovanni D'Alessio, 2007. "The use of micro-level data from the Bank of Italy's survey of household income and wealth: a focus on household finance," IFC Bulletins chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Proceedings of the IFC Conference on "Measuring the financial position of the household sector", Basel, 30-31 August 2006 - Volume 2, volume 26, pages 342-346 Bank for International Settlements.
- Goodhart, Charles & Hofmann, Boris, 2000. "Do Asset Prices Help to Predict Consumer Price Inflation?," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 68(0), pages 122-40, Supplemen.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1996. "The Channels of Monetary Transmission: Lessons for Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 5464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:15106. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.