Can Automatic Tax Increases Pay for the Public Spending Effects of Population Ageing in New Zealand?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Creedy, John & Gemmell, Norman, 2013. "Can Automatic Tax Increases Pay for the Public Spending Effects of Population Ageing in New Zealand?," Working Paper Series 2820, Victoria University of Wellington, Chair in Public Finance.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bandyopadhyay, Debasis & Barro, Robert & Couchman, Jeremy & Gemmell, Norman & Liao, Gordon & McAlister, Fiona, 2012. "Average Marginal Income Tax Rates in New Zealand, 1907-2009," Working Paper Series 2423, Victoria University of Wellington, Chair in Public Finance.
- John Creedy & Grant M. Scobie, 2005. "Population Ageing and Social Expenditure in New Zealand," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 38(1), pages 19-39, March.
- Simon Loretz, 2008. "Corporate taxation in the OECD in a wider context," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(4), pages 639-660, winter.
- Matthew Bell & Gary Blick & Oscar Parkyn & Paul Rodway & Polly Vowles, 2010. "Challenges and Choices: Modelling New Zealand’s Long-term Fiscal Position," Treasury Working Paper Series 10/01, New Zealand Treasury.
- John Creedy & Grant M Scobie, 2002. "Population Ageing and Social Expenditure in New Zealand: Stochastic Projections," Treasury Working Paper Series 02/28, New Zealand Treasury.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial welfare expenditures; income tax; GST; real fiscal drag; ageing population;
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H68 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Forecasts of Budgets, Deficits, and Debt
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2013-12-29 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2013-12-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2013-12-29 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PBE-2013-12-29 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2013-12-29 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nzt:nztwps:13/22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Web and Publishing Team, The Treasury). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tregvnz.html .