Financial Restructuring in Banking and Corporate Sector Crises: What Policies to Pursue?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Bordo & Barry Eichengreen & Daniela Klingebiel & Maria Soledad Martinez-Peria, 2001. "Is the crisis problem growing more severe?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 16(32), pages 51-82, April.
- Timothy D. Lane & Marianne Schulze-Gattas & Tsidi M Tsikata & Steven T Phillips & Atish R. Ghosh & A. Javier Hamann, 1999. "IMF-Supported Programs in Indonesia, Korea and Thailand," IMF Occasional Papers 178, International Monetary Fund.
- Patrick Honohan & Daniela Klingebiel, 2000. "Controlling fiscal costs of banking crises," Proceedings 682, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2000. "Corporate Performance in the East Asian Financial Crisis," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 15(1), pages 23-46, February.
- Honohan, Patrick & Klingebiel, Daniela, 2000. "Controlling the fiscal costs of banking crises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2441, The World Bank.
- Ofek, Eli, 1993. "Capital structure and firm response to poor performance: An empirical analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 3-30, August.
- Mark R. Stone, 2000. "Large-Scale Post-Crisis Corporate Sector Restructuring," IMF Policy Discussion Papers 00/7, International Monetary Fund.
- Leslie E Teo & Charles Enoch & Carl-Johan Lindgren & Tomás J. T. Baliño & Anne Marie Gulde & Marc G Quintyn, 2000. "Financial Sector Crisis and Restructuring; Lessons from Asia: Lessons from Asia," IMF Occasional Papers 188, International Monetary Fund.
- Mark R. Stone, 2000. "The Corporate Sector Dynamics of Systemic Financial Crises," IMF Working Papers 00/114, International Monetary Fund.
- Dollar, David & Hallward-Driemeier, Mary, 2000. "Crisis, Adjustment, and Reform in Thailand's Industrial Firms," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 15(1), pages 1-22, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thorvardur Tjörvi Ólafsson & Karen Á. Vignisdóttir, 2012. "Households’ position in the financial crisis in Iceland. Analysis based on a nationwide household-level database," Economics wp59, Department of Economics, Central bank of Iceland.
- Manuela Goretti & Marcos R Souto, 2013. "Macro-Financial Implications of Corporate (De)Leveraging in the Euro Area Periphery," IMF Working Papers 13/154, International Monetary Fund.
- Beck, Thorsten & Laeven, Luc, 2006.
"Resolution of failed banks by deposit insurers : cross-country evidence,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3920, The World Bank.
- Beck, T.H.L., 2008. "Resolution of failed banks by deposit insurers : Cross-country evidence," Other publications TiSEM f281b9ef-1509-43bc-9761-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Okabe, Yasunobu, 2013. "Financial Restructuring after the 1997 Crisis and Impact of the Lehman Shock: Path Dependence of Financial Systems in Korea and Thailand," Working Papers 51, JICA Research Institute.
- Una Okonkwo Osili & Anna L. Paulson, 2008.
"Bank crises and investor confidence,"
Working Paper Series
WP-08-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Una Okonkwo Osili & Anna Paulson, 2009. "Bank Crises and Investor Confidence," Working Papers 09-02, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Una Okonkwo Osili & Anna Paulson, 2009. "Bank Crises and Investor Confidence," NFI Working Papers 2009-WP-01, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- repec:ebd:wpaper:168 is not listed on IDEAS
- Timothy Chue & David Cook, 2004. "Sudden Stops and Liability Dollarization: Evidence from East Asian Financial Intermediaries," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 646, Econometric Society.
- Kroszner, Randall S. & Laeven, Luc & Klingebiel, Daniela, 2007. "Banking crises, financial dependence, and growth," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 187-228, April.
- Claessens,Constantijn A. & Klingebiel, Daniela & Laeven, Luc, 2004. "Resolving systemic financial crisis : policies and institutions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3377, The World Bank.
- Laeven, Luc & Klingebiel, Daniela & Kroszner, Randy, 2002. "Financial crises, financial dependence, and industry growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2855, The World Bank.
- Thomas Meyer, 2002. "The Eastward Enlargement of the Eurozone: The Shaping of Capital Markets," Eastward Enlargement of the Euro-zone Working Papers wp05, Free University Berlin, Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence, revised 01 Aug 2002.
- Shimizu, Katsutoshi, 2006. "How can we effectively resolve the financial crisis: Empirical evidence on the bank rehabilitation plan of the Japanese government," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 119-134, April.
- Fabian Valencia & Luc Laeven, 2008. "Systemic Banking Crises; A New Database," IMF Working Papers 08/224, International Monetary Fund.
- Carlos Esteban Posada P. & Jorge Andrés Tamayo C., 2009.
"La crisis reciente de Estados Unidos (2007-2008): redescubriendo la importancia del mercado de "fondos prestables","
Borradores de Economia
554, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Carlos Esteban Posada & Jorge Andrés Tamayo C., 2009. "La crisis reciente de Estados Unidos (2007-2008): redescubriendo la importancia del mercado de "fondos prestables"," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 005388, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Bolzico, Javier & Mascaro, Yira & Granata, Paola, 2007. "Practical guidelines for effective bank resolution," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4389, The World Bank.
- Brown, Martin & Lane, Philip R., 2011. "Debt overhang in emerging Europe ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5784, The World Bank.
- Banerjee, Sreejata & Velamuri, Malathi, 2015. "The conundrum of profitability versus soundness for banks by ownership type: Evidence from the Indian banking sector," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 12-24.
- Vodová, Pavla, 2004. "Early warning signals and their role in preventing banking crises. The Czech Republic case," MPRA Paper 11902, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:8386. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .