The Effects of Class Size and Composition on Student Achievement: New Evidence from Natural Population Variation
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giacomo De Giorgi & Michele Pellizzari & William Gui Woolston, 2012.
"Class Size And Class Heterogeneity,"
Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 10(4), pages 795-830, August.
- De Giorgi, Giacomo & Pellizzari, Michele & Woolston, William Gui, 2009. "Class Size and Class Heterogeneity," IZA Discussion Papers 4443, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Giacomo De Giorgi & Michele Pellizzari & William Gui Woolston, 2010. "Class Size and Class Heterogeneity," NBER Working Papers 16405, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mingliang Li, 2007. "Bayesian Proportional Hazard Analysis of the Timing of High School Dropout Decisions," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(5), pages 529-556.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Naylor, Robin A. & Smith, Jeremy, 2012.
"Am I missing something? The effects of absence from class on student performance,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 363-375.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Naylor, Robin A. & Smith, Jeremy, 2007. "Am I missing something? The effects of absence from class on student performance," Economic Research Papers 269769, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Naylor, Robin & Smith, Jeremy, 2008. "Am I Missing Something? The Effects of Absence from Class on Student Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 3749, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Naylor, Robin A. & Jeremy Smith, 2007. "Am I missing something? The effects of absence from class on student performance," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 820, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Justin L. Tobias & Mingliang Li, 2003.
"A finite-sample hierarchical analysis of wage variation across public high schools: evidence from the NLSY and high school and beyond,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(3), pages 315-336.
- Tobias, Justin & Li, Mingliang, 2003. "A Finite Sample Hierarchical Analysis of Wage Variation Across Public High Schools: Evidence from the Nlsy and High School and Beyond," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12015, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Kirjavainen, Tanja, 2009. "Essays on the efficiency of schools and student achievement," Research Reports P53, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Steve Bradley & Jim Taylor, 2010. "Diversity, Choice and the Quasi‐market: An Empirical Analysis of Secondary Education Policy in England," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 72(1), pages 1-26, February.
- Temple, Judy A., 1998. "Recent Clinton Urban Education Initiatives and the Role of School Quality in Metropolitan Finance," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 51(3), pages 517-529, September.
- Jonathan Guryan, 2004. "Desegregation and Black Dropout Rates," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(4), pages 919-943, September.
- Temple, Judy A., 1998. "Recent Clinton Urban Education Initiatives and the Role of School Quality in Metropolitan Finance," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 51(n. 3), pages 517-29, September.
- Rosalind Levacic & Stephen Machin & David Reynolds & Anna Vignoles & James Walker, 2000. "The Relationship between Resource Allocation and Pupil Attainment: A Review," CEE Discussion Papers 0002, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Jonathan Gruber & Phillip Levine & Douglas Staiger, 1999.
"Abortion Legalization and Child Living Circumstances: Who is the "Marginal Child"?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(1), pages 263-291.
- Jonathan Gruber & Phillip Levine & Douglas Staiger, 1997. "Abortion Legalization and Child Living Circumstances: Who is the "Marginal Child?"," NBER Working Papers 6034, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hakkinen, Iida & Kirjavainen, Tanja & Uusitalo, Roope, 2003. "School resources and student achievement revisited: new evidence from panel data," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 329-335, June.
- Kirjavainen, Tanja, 2009. "Essays on the efficiency of schools and student achievement," Research Reports 53, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Jakubowski, Maciej & Sakowski, Pawel, 2006. "Quasi-Experimental Estimates of Class Size Effect in Primary Schools in Poland," MPRA Paper 4958, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kirjavainen, Tanja, 2007. "Efficiency of Finnish Upper Secondary Schools: An Application of Stochastic Frontier Analysis with Panel Data," Discussion Papers 428, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Eric A. Hanushek, "undated". "The Evidence on Class Size," Wallis Working Papers WP10, University of Rochester - Wallis Institute of Political Economy.
- A. Abigail Payne & Aloysius Siow, 1998. "Estimating the Effects of Federal Research Funding on Universities using Alumni Representation on Congressional Appropriations Committees," Working Papers siow-99-02, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Steven G. Rivkin & Eric A. Hanushek & John F. Kain, 2005. "Teachers, Schools, and Academic Achievement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(2), pages 417-458, March.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Victor Lavy, 1997. "Using Maimonides' Rule to Estimate the Effect of Class Size on Student Achievement," NBER Working Papers 5888, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ivan Rodríguez Murillo, 2014. "Eficiencia de la educación superior en Colombia: un análisis mediante fronteras," Revista CIFE, Universidad Santo Tomás, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:6869. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.