Sovereign Debt and Repudiation: The Emerging-Market Debt Crisis in the U.S. States, 1839-1843
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Clark, Colin, 1976. "Economic Development in Communist China," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(2), pages 239-264, April.
- Healey, Derek T, 1972. "Development Policy: New Thinking About an Interpretation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 10(3), pages 757-797, September.
- Robert W. Fogel, 2003. "Forecasting The Demand For Health Care In Oecd Nations And China," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(1), pages 1-10, January.
- S. Chandrasekhar, 1968. "How India is tackling her population problem," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 5(2), pages 642-650, June.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N & Chakravarty, Sukhamoy, 1969. "Contributions to Indian Economic Analysis: A Survey," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(4), pages 2-73, Part II S.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liu, Lili & Webb, Steven B., 2011. "Laws for fiscal responsibility for subnational discipline : international experience," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5587, The World Bank.
- John Joseph Wallis, 2006. "The Concept of Systematic Corruption in American History," NBER Chapters,in: Corruption and Reform: Lessons from America's Economic History, pages 23-62 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Winkler, Adalbert, 2013. "Der lender of last resort vor Gericht," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 206, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Rauchway, Eric, 2006. "The Role of Federalism in Developing the US during Nineteenth-century Globalization," WIDER Working Paper Series 072, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- C. Randall HENNING & Martin KESSLER, 2012.
"Fiscal Federalism: US History for Architects of Europe’s Fiscal Union,"
Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 6, pages 1-31.
- C. Randall Henning & Martin Kessler, 2012. "Fiscal federalism: US history for architects of Europe's fiscal union," Essays and Lectures 669, Bruegel.
- C. Randall Henning & Martin Kessler, 2012. "Fiscal Federalism: US History for Architects of Europe's Fiscal Union," Working Paper Series WP12-1, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Michael D. Bordo & Christopher M. Meissner, 2015. "Growing Up to Stability? Financial Globalization, Financial Development and Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 21287, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey Rogers Hummel, 2012. "Some Possible Consequences of a U.S. Government Default," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 9(1), pages 24-40, January.
- Winkler Adalbert, 2015.
"The ECB as Lender of Last Resort: Banks versus Governments,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 235(3), pages 329-341, June.
- Adalbert Winkler, 2014. "The ECB as Lender of Last Resort:Banks versus Governments," FMG Special Papers sp228, Financial Markets Group.
- Burdekin, Richard C.K., 2006. "Bondholder gains from the annexation of Texas and implications of the US bailout," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 646-666, October.
More about this item
- N2 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions
- N4 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H3 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:10753. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .