The Cyclical Behaviour of Wages and Profits Under Imperfect Competition
The authors build a dynamic model of the business cycle with monopolistically competitive firms. With simple assumptions concerning firm entry and exit, the model can explain some stylized facts of the business cycle that standard real business cycle models cannot predict. They include the cyclical behavior of the shares of capital and labor income in total income and the pattern of net firm creation. These predictions are robust to whether the main source of the business cycle is aggregate supply shocks or aggregate demand shocks.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1993|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: C.P. 6128, Succ. centre-ville, Montréal (PQ) H3C 3J7|
Phone: (514) 343-6557
Fax: (514) 343-7221
Web page: http://www.cireq.umontreal.ca
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ambler, Steve & Paquet, Alain, 1996.
"Fiscal spending shocks, endogenous government spending, and real business cycles,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 20(1-3), pages 237-256.
- Steve Ambler & Alain Paquet, 1993. "Fiscal Spending Shocks, Endogenous Government Spending and Real Business Cycles," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 14, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Steve Ambler & Alain Paquet, 1994. "Fiscal spending shocks, endogenous government spending, and real business cycles," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 94, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ambler, Steven & Cardia, Emanuela & Phaneuf, Louis, 1992. "Contrats de salaire, croissance endogène et fluctuations," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 68(1), pages 175-204, mars et j.
- Ambler, S. & Cardia, E. & Phaneuf, L., 1991. "contracts de salaire, croissance endogene et fluctuations," Cahiers de recherche 9124, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- ambler, s. & cardia, e. & phaneuf, l., 1991. "contracts de salaire, croissance endogene et fluctuations," Cahiers de recherche 9124, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mtl:montec:9330. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sharon BREWER)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.