The Cyclical Behaviour of Wages and Profits under Imperfect Competition
The authors build a dynamic model of the business cycle with monopolistically competitive firms. With simple assumptions concerning firm entry and exit, the model can explain some stylized facts of the business cycle that standard real business cycle models cannot predict. They include the cyclical behavior of the shares of capital and labor income in total income and the pattern of net firm creation. These predictions are robust to whether the main source of the business cycle is aggregate supply shocks or aggregate demand shocks.
Volume (Year): 31 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://economics.ca/cje/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://economics.ca/en/membership.php Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Steve Ambler & Alain Paquet, 1993.
"Fiscal Spending Shocks, Endogenous Government Spending and Real Business Cycles,"
Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers
14, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Ambler, Steve & Paquet, Alain, 1996. "Fiscal spending shocks, endogenous government spending, and real business cycles," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-3), pages 237-256.
- Steve Ambler & Alain Paquet, 1994. "Fiscal spending shocks, endogenous government spending, and real business cycles," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 94, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- ambler, s. & cardia, e. & phaneuf, l., 1991.
"contracts de salaire, croissance endogene et fluctuations,"
Cahiers de recherche
9124, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Ambler, Steven & Cardia, Emanuela & Phaneuf, Louis, 1992. "Contrats de salaire, croissance endogène et fluctuations," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 68(1), pages 175-204, mars et j.
- Ambler, S. & Cardia, E. & Phaneuf, L., 1991. "contracts de salaire, croissance endogene et fluctuations," Cahiers de recherche 9124, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cje:issued:v:31:y:1998:i:1:p:148-164. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.