Capital Income Taxes and Economic Performance
Tax reform that reduces tax rates on capital income, no matter how successful it is in reducing the user cost of capital, will have at best minimal effects on capital formation and output and therefore on the growth of the U.S. economy.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fazzari, Steven M & Hubbard, R Glenn & Petersen, Bruce C, 1988. "Investment, Financing Decisions, and Tax Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(2), pages 200-205, May.
- Mankiw, N Gregory & Romer, David & Weil, David N, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 107(2), pages 407-37, May.
- Jason G. Cummins & Kevin A. Hassett & R. Glenn Hubbard, 1994. "A Reconsideration of Investment Behavior Using Tax Reforms as Natural Experiments," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 25(2), pages 1-74.
- Talan Iscan, 1998. "Trade liberalisation and productivity: A panel study of the Mexican manufacturing industry," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(5), pages 123-148.
- Imrohoroglu, Ayse & Imrohoroglu, Selahattin & Joines, Douglas H, 1998. "The Effect of Tax-Favored Retirement Accounts on Capital Accumulation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(4), pages 749-68, September.
- Chirinko, Robert S. & Fazzari, Steven M. & Meyer, Andrew P., 1999. "How responsive is business capital formation to its user cost?: An exploration with micro data," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 53-80, October.
- Razin, Assaf & Yuen, Chi-Wa, 1996.
"Capital income taxation and long-run growth: New perspectives,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 239-263, February.
- Assaf Razin & Chi-Wa Yuen, 1995. "Capital Income Taxation and Long Run Growth: New Perspectives," NBER Working Papers 5028, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Talan Iscan, 1998.
"Trade Liberalization and Productivity-A Panel Study of the Mexican Manufacturing Industry,"
Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive
tradelib, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Iscan, T., 1996. "Trade Liberalization and Productivity: A Panel Study of the Mexican Manufacturing Industry," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive 97-05, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:levypn:99-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie-Celeste Edwards)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.