Debt, Managerial Incentives and Learning
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brander, J.A. & Poitevin, M., 1988.
"Managerial Compensation And The Agency Costs Of Debt Finance,"
Cahiers de recherche
8827, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en Ã©conomie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Brander, J.A. & Poitevin, M., 1988. "Managerial Compensation and the Agency Costs of Debt Finance," Cahiers de recherche 8827, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Erkki Koskela & Rune Stenbacka, 2000. "Bank mergers and the fragility of loan markets," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 13(1), pages 3-18, Spring.
- Andrikopoulos, Andreas, 2009. "Irreversible investment, managerial discretion and optimal capital structure," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 709-718, April.
- Cassell, Cory A. & Huang, Shawn X. & Manuel Sanchez, Juan & Stuart, Michael D., 2012. "Seeking safety: The relation between CEO inside debt holdings and the riskiness of firm investment and financial policies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(3), pages 588-610.
- Kanagaretnam, Kiridaran & Sarkar, Sudipto, 2011.
"Managerial compensation and the underinvestment problem,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 308-315.
- Kanagaretnam, Kiridaran & Sarkar, Sudipto, 2011. "Managerial compensation and the underinvestment problem," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 308-315, January.
- Jain, Neelam, 2006. "Debt, managerial compensation and learning," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 377-399, February.
- Koskela, E. & Stenbacka, R., 1999.
"Agency Cost Debt and Lending Market Competition: Is there a Relationship?,"
University of Helsinki, Department of Economics
459, Department of Economics.
- Koskela, Erkki & Stenbacka, Rune, 2000. "Agency cost of debt and lending market competition : Is there a relationship?," Research Discussion Papers 12/2000, Bank of Finland.
- Erkki Koskela & Rune Stenbacka, 2000. "Agency Cost of Debt and Lending Market Competition: Is there a Relationship?," CESifo Working Paper Series 274, CESifo.
- Ramachandran Azhagaiah & Candasamy Gavoury, 2011. "The Impact of Capital Structure on Profitability with Special Reference to IT Industry in India vs. Domestic Products," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 9(4 (Winter), pages 371-392.
- Gaston, Noel, 1997. "Efficiency wages, managerial discretion, and the fear of bankruptcy," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 41-59, May.
- Alex Edmans & Xavier Gabaix, 2016. "Executive Compensation: A Modern Primer," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 54(4), pages 1232-1287, December.
- Espen Eckbo, B. & Thorburn, Karin S., 2003.
"Control benefits and CEO discipline in automatic bankruptcy auctions,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 227-258, July.
- Eckbo, B Espen & Thorburn, Karin S, 2002. "Control Benefits and CEO Discipline in Automatic Bankruptcy Auctions," CEPR Discussion Papers 3481, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eisdorfer, Assaf & Giaccotto, Carmelo & White, Reilly, 2013. "Capital structure, executive compensation, and investment efficiency," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 549-562.
- Patrick Bolton & Hamid Mehran & Joel Shapiro, 2015. "Executive Compensation and Risk Taking," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 19(6), pages 2139-2181.
- Ortiz-Molina, Hernan, 2007. "Executive compensation and capital structure: The effects of convertible debt and straight debt on CEO pay," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 69-93, March.
- Begley, Joy & Feltham, Gerald A., 1999. "An empirical examination of the relation between debt contracts and management incentives," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 229-259, April.
- Abe, Naohito & Gaston, Noel & Kubo, Katsuyuki, 2005.
"Executive pay in Japan: the role of bank-appointed monitors and the Main Bank relationship,"
Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 371-394, August.
- Abe, Naohito & Gaston, Noel & Kubo, Katsuyuki, 2001. "Executive Pay in Japan: The Role of Bank-Appointed Monitors and the Main Bank Relationship," CEI Working Paper Series 2001-10, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Eisdorfer, Assaf, 2010. "Risk-shifting and investment asymmetry," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 232-237, December.
More about this item
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kud:kuiedp:0203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Hoffmann). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/okokudk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.