Innovation and Productivity: a Firm Level Study of Ukrainian Manufacturing Sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kugler, Maurice, 2006.
"Spillovers from foreign direct investment: Within or between industries?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 444-477.
- Maurice Kugler, 2006. "Spillovers from Foreign Direct Investment: Within or between Industries?," Borradores de Economia 369, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Maurice Kugler, 2006. "Spillovers From Foreign Direct Investment:Within Or Between Industries?," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003523, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Abdul Khaliq & Ilan Noy, 2007. "Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth: Empirical Evidence from Sectoral Data in Indonesia," Working Papers 200726, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Aitken, Brian & Harrison, Ann & DEC, 1994. "Do domestic firms benefit from foreign direct investment? Evidence from panel data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1248, The World Bank.
- Lipsey, Robert & Sjöholm, Fredrik, 2004. "Host Country Impacts Of Inward Fdi: Why Such Different Answers?," EIJS Working Paper Series 192, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Stefan Lutz & Oleksandr Talavera & Sang-Min Park, 2008.
"Effects of Foreign Presence in a Transition Economy: Regional and Industrywide Investments and Firm-Level Exports in Ukrainian Manufacturing,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(5), pages 82-98, September.
- S Lutz & O Talavera & S M Park, 2005. "Effects of Foreign Presence in a Transition Economy: Regional and Industry-Wide Investments and Firm-Level Exports in Ukrainian Manufacturing," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0511, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Stefan Lutz & Oleksandr Talavera & Sang-Min Park, 2006. "Effects of Foreign Presence in a Transition Economy: Regional and Industry-Wide Investments and Firm-Level Exports in Ukrainian Manufacturing," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 594, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Javorcik, Beata Smarzynska & Spatareanu, Mariana, 2008.
"To share or not to share: Does local participation matter for spillovers from foreign direct investment?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 194-217.
- Beata Smarzynska Javorcik & Mariana Spatareanu, 2003. "To share or not to share : does local participation matter for spillovers from foreign direct investment?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3118, The World Bank.
- Beata Javorcik & Mariana Spatareanu, 2006. "To Share or Not To Share: Does Local Participation Matter for Spillovers from Foreign Direct Investment?," Working Papers Rutgers University, Newark 2006-001, Department of Economics, Rutgers University, Newark.
- Subash Sasidharan & A. Ramanathan, 2007. "Foreign Direct Investment and spillovers: evidence from Indian manufacturing," International Journal of Trade and Global Markets, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, pages 5-22.
- Djankov, Simeon & Hoekman, Bernard M, 2000.
"Foreign Investment and Productivity Growth in Czech Enterprises,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 49-64, January.
- Djankov, Simeon & Hoekman, Bernard, 1999. "Foreign investment and productivity growth in Czech enterprises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2115, The World Bank.
- Chengqi Wang, 2008. "Horizontal and vertical spillover effects of foreign direct investment in Chinese manufacturing," Journal of Chinese Economic and Foreign Trade Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 8-20, January.
- Haddad, Mona & Harrison, Ann, 1993. "Are there positive spillovers from direct foreign investment? : Evidence from panel data for Morocco," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 51-74.
- Beata Smarzynska Javorcik, 2004.
"Does Foreign Direct Investment Increase the Productivity of Domestic Firms? In Search of Spillovers Through Backward Linkages,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 605-627.
- Smarzynska, Beata K., 2002. "Does foreign direct investment increase the productivity of domestic firms : in search of spillovers through backward linkages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2923, The World Bank.
- Beata K. Smarzynska, 2003. "Does Foreign Direct Investment Increase the Productivity of Domestic Firms? In Search of Spillovers through Backward Linkages," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 548, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Hutchison, Michael M. & Noy, Ilan & Wang, Lidan, 2010.
"Fiscal and monetary policies and the cost of sudden stops,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, pages 973-987.
- Tam Bang Vu & Ilan Noy, 2007. "Sectoral Analysis of Foreign Investment and Growth In the Developed Countries," Working Papers 200725, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Salvador Barrios & Eric Strobl, 2002. "Foreign direct investment and productivity spillovers: Evidence from the Spanish experience," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), pages 459-481.
- K. Schoors & B. Van Der Tol, 2002. "Foreign direct investment spillovers within and between sectors: Evidence from Hungarian data," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 02/157, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Meghana Ayyagari & Renáta Kosová, 2010. "Does FDI Facilitate Domestic Entry? Evidence from the Czech Republic," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 14-29, February.
- Richard Harris & Catherine Robinson, 2004. "Productivity Impacts and Spillovers from Foreign Ownership in the United Kingdom," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 187(1), pages 58-75, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jesus Lopez-Rodriguez & Diego Martinez, 2014. "Beyond the R&D effects on innovation: the contribution of non-R&D activities to TFP growth in the EU," Working Papers 2014/16, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Lin, Chia-Ling & Lin, Hui-Lin & Lin, Eric S., 2016. "Is There A Complementary Relationship Between Product And Process Innovation On Productivity In Taiwanese Manufacturing Firms?," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 57(2), pages 139-173, December.
- BENEKI, Christina & GIANNIAS, Dimitrios & MOUSTAKAS, George, 2012. "INNOVATION AND ECONOMIC PERFORMANCE: the case of Greek SMEs," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 12(1), pages 43-54.
- Lopez-Rodriguez, Jesus & Martinez-Lopez, Diego, 2017.
"Looking beyond the R&D effects on innovation: The contribution of non-R&D activities to total factor productivity growth in the EU,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 37-45.
- Lopez-Rodriguez, Jesus & Martinez, Diego, 2014. "Looking beyond the R&D effects on innovation: The contribution of non-R&D activities to total factor productivity growth in the EU," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2014/5, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- jesus lopez-rodriguez & Diego Martinez, 2015. "Looking beyond the R&D effects on innovation: The contribution of non-R&D activities to total factor productivity growth in the EU," ERSA conference papers ersa15p1258, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:prg:jnlpep:v:2013:y:2013:i:4:id:436:p:487-503 is not listed on IDEAS
- Berulava, George & Gogokhia, Teimuraz, 2016. "Studying Complementarities between Modes of Innovation Strategies in Transition Economies," MPRA Paper 71277, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ibn:ijefaa:v:9:y:2017:i:10:p:179-188 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alena Zemplinerová & Eva Hromádková, 2012. "Determinants of Firm´s Innovation," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, pages 487-503.
More about this item
KeywordsR&D; innovation; productivity; success breeds success; transition; Ukraine;
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2010-06-11 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-INO-2010-06-11 (Innovation)
- NEP-SBM-2010-06-11 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-TRA-2010-06-11 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kse:dpaper:27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Iryna Sobetska). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ksecoua.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .