Audit the Federal Reserve?
An independent institute for monetary statistics is needed in the United States, says William Barnett in paper to appear in the journal, Central Banking. Expanded Congressional audit would be a second best alternative, but would not fully address the needs and would carry risks.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2010|
|Date of revision:||Jan 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (785) 864-3501
Fax: (785) 864-5270
Web page: http://www2.ku.edu/~kuwpaper/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barnett, William A. & Chauvet, Marcelle, 2011.
"How better monetary statistics could have signaled the financial crisis,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 161(1), pages 6-23, March.
- Barnett, William A. & Chauvet, Marcelle, 2010. "How better monetary statistics could have signaled the financial crisis," MPRA Paper 24721, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William A. Barnett & Marcelle Chauvet, 2010. "How Better Monetary Statistics Could Have Signaled the Financial Crisis," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201005, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2010.
- Burton A. Abrams, 2006.
"How Richard Nixon Pressured Arthur Burns: Evidence from the Nixon Tapes,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 20(4), pages 177-188, Fall.
- Burton A. Abrams, 2006. "How Richard Nixon Pressured Arthur Burns: Evidence from the Nixon Tapes," Working Papers 06-04, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Barnett, William A & Offenbacher, Edward K & Spindt, Paul A, 1984. "The New Divisia Monetary Aggregates," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(6), pages 1049-85, December.
- William Barnett & Apostolos Serletis & W. Erwin Diewert, 2005. "The Theory of Monetary Aggregation (book front matter)," Macroeconomics 0511008, EconWPA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kan:wpaper:201001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jianbo Zhang)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.