The Garment Industry in Cambodia: Its Role in Poverty Reduction through Export-Oriented Development
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Asuyama, Yoko & Chhun, Dalin & Fukunishi, Takahiro & Neou, Seiha & Yamagata, Tatsufumi, 2010. "Firm dynamics in the Cambodian garment industry: firm turnover, productivity growth, and wage profile under trade liberalization," IDE Discussion Papers 268, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Dennis Arnold, 2013. "Workers’ agency and re-working power relations in Cambodia’s garment industry," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series ctg-2013-24, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Pisey Khin & Ryuta Ray Kato, 2010.
"The Impact of the Global Economic Crisis on Cambodia,"
AccessEcon, vol. 30(3), pages 2346-2370.
- Pisey Khin & Ryuta Ray Kato, 2010. "The Impact of the Global Economic Crisis on Cambodia," Working Papers EMS_2010_10, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Lavopa, Alejandro & Szirmai, Adam, 2012. "Industrialization, employment and poverty," MERIT Working Papers 081, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Souksavanh Vixathep & Nobuaki Matsunaga, 2012. "Firm Efficiency in Cambodia's Garment Industry on the Eve of the Multi-Fiber Arrangement Termination," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 26(4), pages 359-380, December.
- Cuyvers, Ludo & Soeng, Reth & Plasmans, Joseph & Van Den Bulcke, Daniel, 2011. "Determinants of foreign direct investment in Cambodia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 222-234, June.
- Cornelia Staritz, 2011. "Making the Cut? Low-Income Countries and the Global Clothing Value Chain in a Post-Quota and Post-Crisis World," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2547.
- Lopez-Acevedo, Gladys & Robertson, Raymond, 2012.
"The Promise and Peril of Post-MFA Apparel Production,"
World Bank - Economic Premise,
The World Bank, issue 84, pages 1-4, May.
- Gladys Lopez-Acevedo & Raymond Robertson, 2012. "The Promise and Peril of Post-MFA Apparel Production," World Bank Other Operational Studies 10043, The World Bank.
- repec:spr:jecstr:v:6:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40008-017-0087-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fukunishi, Takahiro & Yamagata, Tatsufumi, 2013. "Slow and steady wins the race : how the garment industry leads industrialization in low-income countries," IDE Discussion Papers 412, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- CUYVERS, Ludo & PLASMANS, Joseph & SOENG, Reth & VAN DEN BULCKE, Daniël, 2008. "Determinants of foreign direct investment in Cambodia: Country-specific factor differentials," Working Papers 2008003, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Jodie Keane, 2013. "Rethinking Trade Preferences for Sub-Saharan Africa: How Can Trade in Tasks Be the Potential Lifeline?," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 31(4), pages 443-462, July.
- Sarraf, M. & Rismanchi, B. & Saidur, R. & Ping, H.W. & Rahim, N.A., 2013. "Renewable energy policies for sustainable development in Cambodia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 223-229.
- Chheang, Vannarith & Hamanaka, Shintaro, 2011. "Impediments to Growth of the Garment and Food Industries in Cambodia: Exploring Potential Benefits of the ASEAN-PRC FTA," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 86, Asian Development Bank.
- Sak Sambath & Ryuta Ray Kato, 2009. "Future Prospects of the Garment Industry of Cambodia," Working Papers EMS_2009_12, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- CUYVERS, Ludo & SOENG, Reth & PLASMANS, Joseph & VAN DEN BULCKE, Daniël, 2008. "Productivity spillovers from foreign direct investment in the Cambodian manufacturing sector: Evidence from establishment-level data," Working Papers 2008004, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Yamagata, Tatsufumi, 2007. "Prospects for Development of the Garment Industry in Developing Countries: What Has Happened Since the MFA Phase-Out?," IDE Discussion Papers 101, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- John Pickles, 2012. "South African horticulture: opportunities and challenges for economic and social upgrading in value chains," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series ctg-2012-13, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- VAN DEN BROECK, Goedele & MAERTENS, Miet, 2015. "Does Off-farm Employment Make Women in Rural Senegal Happy?," Working Papers 232593, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsCambodia; Export-oriented industrialization; Garments; Poverty reduction; Apparel industry; Exports; カンボジア; 貧困削減; アパレル産業; 輸出;
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- L67 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Other Consumer Nondurables: Clothing, Textiles, Shoes, and Leather Goods; Household Goods; Sports Equipment
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-11-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2006-11-18 (Development)
- NEP-SEA-2006-11-18 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jet:dpaper:dpaper62. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minami Tosa). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/idegvjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.