An empirical analysis of the money demand function in India
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Takeshi Inoue & Shigeyuki Hamori, 2009. "An Empirical Analysis of the Money Demand Function in India," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 1224-1245.
References listed on IDEAS
- B. Bhaskara Rao & Rup Singh, 2006. "Demand for money in India: 1953-2003," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(11), pages 1319-1326.
- Kimbrough, Kent P., 1986. "The optimum quantity of money rule in the theory of public finance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 277-284, November.
- Faig, Miquel, 1988. "Characterization of the optimal tax on money when it functions as a medium of exchange," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 137-148, July.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Hafez Rehman, 2005. "Stability of the money demand function in Asian developing countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(7), pages 773-792.
- Ramachandran, M., 2004. "Do broad money, output, and prices stand for a stable relationship in India?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(8-9), pages 983-1001, December.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- B. Bhaskara Rao, 1995. "Unit roots cointegration and the demand for money in India," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(10), pages 397-399.
- Kimbrough, Kent P, 1986. "Inflation, Employment, and Welfare in the Presence of Transactions Costs," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(2), pages 127-140, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jiranyakul, Komain & Opiela, Timothy, 2014. "An Empirical Test of Money Demand in Thailand from 1993 to 2012," MPRA Paper 54162, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:sgh:erfinj:v:2:y:2017:i:2:p:79-97 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aggarwal, Sakshi, 2017. "Determinants of Money Demand for India in Presence of Structural Break: An Empirical Analysis," MPRA Paper 76967, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, Prakash & Pandey, Manoj K., 2009.
"Structural break, stability and demand for money in India,"
15425, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Prakash Singh & Manoj K. Pandey, 2009. "Structural Break, Stability and Demand for Money in India," ASARC Working Papers 2009-07, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Afees Salisu & Idris Ademuyiwa & Basiru Fatai, 2013. "Modelling the Demand for Money in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA)," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(1), pages 635-647.
- Nitin, Arora & Asghar, OsatiEraghi, 2016. "Does India have a stable demand for money function after reforms? A macroeconometric analysis," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 44, pages 25-37.
- repec:sae:globus:v:18:y:2017:i:4:p:811-824 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dobnik, Frauke, 2011. "Long-run Money Demand in OECD Countries – Cross-Member Cointegration," Ruhr Economic Papers 237, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Andrew Berg & Filiz D Unsal & Rafael A Portillo, 2010. "On the Optimal Adherence to Money Targets in a New-Keynesian Framework; An Application to Low-Income Countries," IMF Working Papers 10/134, International Monetary Fund.
- J Paul Dunne and Elizabeth Kasekende, 2016.
"Financial Innovation and Money Demand: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa,"
583, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- J. Paul Dunne & Elizabeth Kasekende, 2017. "Financial Innovation and Money Demand: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," School of Economics Macroeconomic Discussion Paper Series 2017-06, School of Economics, University of Cape Town.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0237 is not listed on IDEAS
- Felix S. Nyumuah, 2017. "An Investigation into the Interest Elasticity of Demand for Money in Developing Countries: A Panel Data Approach," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 9(3), pages 69-80, March.
- repec:hrs:journl:v:ix:y:2017:i:2:p:29-37 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chandan Sharma, 2009. "Does Full Sterilization Feasible in Era of Excess Volatility: Evidence from India," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 2944-2950.
- Frauke Dobnik, 2011. "OLong-run Money Demand in OECD Countries – Cross-Member Cointegration," Ruhr Economic Papers 0237, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Nicholas Apergis, 2015. "Long-run estimates of money demand: new evidence from East Asian countries and the presence of structural breaks," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(31), pages 3276-3291, July.
- Muhammad Ahad, 2017.
"Financial Development and Money Demand Function: Cointegration, Causality and Variance Decomposition Analysis for Pakistan,"
Global Business Review,
International Management Institute, vol. 18(4), pages 811-824, August.
- Ahad, Muhammad, 2015. "Financial Development and Money Demand Function: Cointegration, Causality and Variance Decomposition Analysis for Pakistan," MPRA Paper 70033, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsCointegration; DOLS; Money; Money demand; Monetary policy; India; 共和分分析; 動的最小二乗法; 通貨; 貨幣需要; 金融政策; インド;
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2008-10-13 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CWA-2008-10-13 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-MAC-2008-10-13 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2008-10-13 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jet:dpaper:dpaper166. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minami Tosa). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/idegvjp.html .