Attention Discrimination: Theory and Field Experiments with Monitoring Information Acquisition
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Vojtěch Bartoš & Michal Bauer & Julie Chytilová & Filip Matějka, 2016. "Attention Discrimination: Theory and Field Experiments with Monitoring Information Acquisition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 106(6), pages 1437-1475, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:10:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s12571-018-0781-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Egan, Mark L. & Matvos, Gregor & Seru, Amit, 2017.
"When Harry Fired Sally: The Double Standard in Punishing Misconduct,"
3510, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Mark L. Egan & Gregor Matvos & Amit Seru, 2017. "When Harry Fired Sally: The Double Standard in Punishing Misconduct," NBER Working Papers 23242, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Asali, Muhammad & Pignatti, Norberto & Skhirtladze, Sophiko, 2017.
"Employment Discrimination in a Former Soviet Union Republic: Evidence from a Field Experiment,"
IZA Discussion Papers
11056, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Asali, Muhammad & Pignatti, Norberto & Skhirtladze, Sophiko, 2017. "Employment Discrimination in Georgia: Evidence from a Field Experiment," MPRA Paper 78230, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Asali & Norberto Pignatti & Sophiko Skhirtladze, 2017. "Employment Discrimination in Georgia: Evidence from a Field Experiment," Working Papers 004-17 JEL Codes: J15, J7, International School of Economics at TSU, Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia.
- Nikoloz Kudashvili, 2018. "Sources of Statistical Discrimination: Experimental Evidence from Georgia," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp612, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- repec:eee:gamebe:v:107:y:2018:i:c:p:238-252 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alain Cohn & Michel André Maréchal & Frédéric Schneider & Roberto A. Weber, 2015. "Job history, work attitude, and employability," ECON - Working Papers 210, Department of Economics - University of Zurich, revised Apr 2016.
- Stefan C. Wolter & Maria Zumbuehl, 2017.
"The native-migrant gap in the progression into and through upper-secondary education,"
Economics of Education Working Paper Series
0139, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Stefan C. Wolter & Maria Zumbuehl, 2017. "The Native-Migrant Gap in the Progression into and through Upper-Secondary Education," CESifo Working Paper Series 6810, CESifo Group Munich.
- Wolter, Stefan C. & Zumbühl, Maria, 2017. "The Native-Migrant Gap in the Progression into and through Upper-Secondary Education," IZA Discussion Papers 11217, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:bla:germec:v:18:y:2017:i:2:p:237-265 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pavel Ciaian & Andrej Cupák & Ján Pokrivčák & Marian Rizov, 2018.
"Food consumption and diet quality choices of Roma in Romania: a counterfactual analysis,"
Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food,
Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 10(2), pages 437-456, April.
- Ciaian, Pavel & Cupak, Andrej & Pokrivcak, Jan & Rizov, Marian, 2016. "Food consumption and diet quality choices of Roma in Romania: A counterfactual analysis," Lincoln Economics and Finance Agecon Working Papers 250250, University of Lincoln, Lincoln International Business School.
- Vecci, Joseph & Zelinsky, Tomas, 2016. "Social Identity and Role Models," Working Papers in Economics 672, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Matejka, Filip & Tabellini, Guido, 2015.
"Electoral Competition with Rationally Inattentive Voters,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
10888, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Filip Matejka & Guido Tabellini, 2016. "Electoral Competition with Rationally Inattentive Voters," CESifo Working Paper Series 5849, CESifo Group Munich.
- Filip Matejka & Guido Tabellini, 2015. "Electoral Competition with Rationally Inattentive Voters," Working Papers 559, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Filip Matejka & Guido Tabellini, 2015. "Electoral Competition with Rationally Inattentive Voters," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp552, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Xavier Gabaix, 2017. "Behavioral Inattention," NBER Working Papers 24096, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jean-Benoît Eymeoud & Paul Vertier, 2018. "Gender Biases: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in French Local Elections," Sciences Po publications 78, Sciences Po.
- Boyd-Swan, Casey & Herbst, Chris M., 2017. "Racial and Ethnic Discrimination in the Labor Market for Child Care Teachers," IZA Discussion Papers 11140, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Martin Abel, 2017. "Labor market discrimination and sorting: Evidence from South Africa," SALDRU Working Papers 205, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Emma Boswell Dean & Frank Schilbach & Heather Schofield, 2017. "Poverty and Cognitive Function," NBER Chapters,in: The Economics of Poverty Traps National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordsmonitoring information acquisition; discrimination; attention; field experiment;
- C93 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Field Experiments
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2014-04-11 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-CTA-2014-04-11 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-EXP-2014-04-11 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-GER-2014-04-11 (German Papers)
- NEP-LMA-2014-04-11 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp8058. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .