Combat Exposure and Migraine Headache: Evidence from Exogenous Deployment Assignment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Cesur, Resul & Sabia, Joseph J. & Tekin, Erdal, 2015. "Combat exposure and migraine headache: Evidence from exogenous deployment assignment," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 81-99.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carlos Dobkin & Reza Shabani, 2009. "The Health Effects Of Military Service: Evidence From The Vietnam Draft," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 47(1), pages 69-80, January.
- Angrist, Joshua D. & Chen, Stacey H. & Frandsen, Brigham R., 2010.
"Did Vietnam veterans get sicker in the 1990s? The complicated effects of military service on self-reported health,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(11-12), pages 824-837, December.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Stacey H. Chen & Brigham R. Frandsen, 2009. "DID VIETNAM VETERANS GET SICKER IN THE 1990s? THE COMPLICATED EFFECTS OF MILITARY SERVICE ON SELF-REPORTED HEALTH," Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics 09/09, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London.
- Joshua Angrist & Stacey Chen & Brigham Frandsen, 2009. "Did Vietnam Veterans Get Sicker in the 1990s? The Complicated Effects of Military Service on Self-Reported Health," Working Papers 09-19, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Stacey H. Chen & Brigham R. Frandsen, 2009. "Did Vietnam Veterans Get Sicker in the 1990s? The Complicated Effects of Military Service on Self-Reported Health," NBER Working Papers 14781, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Stacey H. Chen & Brigham R. Frandsen, 2010. "Did Vietnam Veterans Get Sicker in the 1990s? The Complicated Effects of Military Service on Self-Reported Health," CEP Discussion Papers dp1041, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Daniel I. Rees & Joseph J. Sabia, 2011. "The Effect of Migraine Headache on Educational Attainment," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 46(2), pages 317-332.
- Cesur, Resul & Sabia, Joseph J. & Tekin, Erdal, 2013.
"The psychological costs of war: Military combat and mental health,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 51-65.
- Resul Cesur & Joseph J. Sabia & Erdal Tekin, 2011. "The Psychological Costs of War: Military Combat and Mental Health," NBER Working Papers 16927, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cesur, Resul & Sabia, Joseph J. & Tekin, Erdal, 2011. "The Psychological Costs of War: Military Combat and Mental Health," IZA Discussion Papers 5615, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Engel, Rozlyn C. & Gallagher, Luke B. & Lyle, David S., 2010. "Military deployments and children's academic achievement: Evidence from Department of Defense Education Activity Schools," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 73-82, February.
- Sabia, Joseph J. & Rees, Daniel I., 2011. "Individual heterogeneity and reverse causality in the relationship between migraine headache and educational attainment," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 913-923, October.
- Jenny Berg, 2004. "Economic evidence in migraine and other headaches: a review," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 5(1), pages 43-54, October.
- David S. Lyle, 2006. "Using Military Deployments and Job Assignments to Estimate the Effect of Parental Absences and Household Relocations on Children's Academic Achievement," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(2), pages 319-350, April.
- André Pradalier & Jean-Paul Auray & Abdelkader Hasnaoui & Kazem Alzahouri & Jean-François Dartigues & Gérard Duru & Patrick Henry & Michel Lantéri-Minet & Christian Lucas & Guy Chazot & Anne-François , 2004. "Economic Impact of Migraine and Other Episodic Headaches in France," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 22(15), pages 985-999, October.
- Barry T. Hirsch & Stephen L. Mehay, 2003.
"Evaluating the Labor Market Performance of Veterans Using a Matched Comparison Group Design,"
Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 38(3).
- Hirsch, Barry & Mehay, Stephen L., 2003. "Evaluating the Labor Market Performance of Veterans Using a Matched Comparison Group Design," IZA Discussion Papers 740, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jan Goebel & Christian Krekel & Tim Tiefenbach & Nicolas Ziebarth, 2015.
"How natural disasters can affect environmental concerns, risk aversion, and even politics: evidence from Fukushima and three European countries,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 28(4), pages 1137-1180, October.
- Jan Goebel & Christian Krekel & Tim Tiefenbach & Nicolas R. Ziebarth, 2015. "How Natural Disasters Can Affect Environmental Concerns, Risk Aversion, and Even Politics: Evidence from Fukushima and Three European Countries," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 762, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Resul Cesur & Alexander Chesney & Joseph J. Sabia, 2016. "Combat Exposure, Cigarette Consumption, And Substance Use," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(3), pages 1705-1726, July.
- Ackerman, Adam & Porter, Ben & Sullivan, Ryan, 2020. "The effect of combat exposure on veteran homelessness," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C).
More about this item
Keywordsmigraine headache; combat exposure; sleep disruption;
- H56 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - National Security and War
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Holger Hinte). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.