Joining Panel Data with Cross-Sections for Efficiency Gains: An Application to a Consumption Equation for Nicaragua
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- R. Bruno & M. Stampini, 2007. "Joining Panel Data with Cross-Sections for Efficiency Gains: an Application to a Consumption Equation for Nicaragua," Working Papers 619, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
References listed on IDEAS
- Benjamin Davis & Marco Stampini, 2002. "Pathways Towards Prosperity in Rural Nicaragua: Why households drop in and out of poverty, and some policy suggestions on how to keep them out," Working Papers 02-12, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Deaton, Angus, 1985. "Panel data from time series of cross-sections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 109-126.
- Berhman, J.R., 1990. "The action of human resources and poverty on one another: what we have yet to learn," Papers 74, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Nijman, T.E., 1990. "Estimation of time dependent parameters in linear models using cross sections, panels or both," Other publications TiSEM 3efbf7de-1ca7-4f9f-b515-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Marco Stampini & Benjamin Davis, 2003. "Discerning Transient from Chronic Poverty in Nicaragua: Measurement with a two period panel data set," Working Papers 03-03, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Pitt, Mark M & Rosenzweig, Mark R & Gibbons, Donna M, 1993. "The Determinants and Consequences of the Placement of Government Programs in Indonesia," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(3), pages 319-348, September.
- Nijman, Theo & Verbeek, Marno, 1990.
"Estimation of time-dependent parameters in linear models using cross-sections, panels, or both,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 333-346, December.
- Nijman, T.E. & Verbeek, M.J.C.M., 1988. "Estimation of time dependent parameters in linear models using cross sections, panels or both," Research Memorandum FEW 302, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
More about this item
Keywordspanel data; pseudo-panel; estimation efficiency; consumption model; Nicaragua;
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C42 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Survey Methods
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-01-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2008-01-12 (Development)
- NEP-ECM-2008-01-12 (Econometrics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp3231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .