Cross-Border Mergers and National Champions in an Integrating Economy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jens Südekum, 2008. "Cross-Border Mergers and National Champions in an Integrating Economy," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 164(3), pages 477-508, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Horn, Henrik & Levinsohn, James, 2001.
"Merger Policies and Trade Liberalisation,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(470), pages 244-276, April.
- Henrik Horn & James Levinsohn, 1997. "Merger Policies and Trade Liberalization," NBER Working Papers 6077, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Horn, Henrik & Levinsohn, James A, 2000. "Merger Policies And Trade Liberalization," CEPR Discussion Papers 2459, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Horn, H. & Levinsohn, J., 1998. "Merger Policies and Trade Liberalization," Working Papers 420, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Keith Chapman, 2003. "Cross-border mergers/acquisitions: a review and research agenda," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(3), pages 309-334, July.
- Barros, Pedro P. & Cabral, Luis, 1994. "Merger policy in open economies," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 1041-1055, May.
- Andreas Haufler & Søren Bo Nielsen, 2008.
"Merger policy to promote 'global players'? A simple model,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(3), pages 517-545, July.
- Haufler, Andreas & Nielsen, Søren Bo, 2005. "Merger Policy to Promote Global Players? A Simple Model," Discussion Papers in Economics 666, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Haufler, Andreas & Nielsen, Søren Bo, 2008. "Merger policy to promote ’global players’? A simple model," Munich Reprints in Economics 20406, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Andreas Haufler & Søren Bo Nielsen, 2005. "Merger Policy to Promote ‘Global Players’? A Simple Model," CESifo Working Paper Series 1523, CESifo Group Munich.
- Brander, James A., 1981. "Intra-industry trade in identical commodities," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Keith Head & John Ries, 1997. "International Mergers and Welfare under Decentralized Competition Policy," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 30(4), pages 1104-1123, November.
- Collie, David R., 2000. "State aid in the European Union: The prohibition of subsidies in an integrated market," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 867-884, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Santos-Pinto, Luís, 2009.
"The Impact of Firm Size and Market Size Asymmetries on National Mergers in a Three-Country Model,"
17166, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luís Santos-Pinto, 2009. "The Impact of Firm Size and Market Size Asymmetries on National Mergers in a Three-Country Model," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 09.06, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Olsen, Trond E. & Straume, Odd Rune, 2006.
"Cross border mergers and strategic trade policy with two-part taxation: is international policy coordination beneficial?
[Grenzüberschreitende Fusionen und strategische Handelspolitik mit zweiseiti," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2006-24, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Andreas Haufler & Christian Schulte, 2007.
"Merger Policy and Tax Competition,"
035, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Andreas Haufler & Christian Schulte, 2007. "Merger Policy and Tax Competition," CESifo Working Paper Series 2157, CESifo Group Munich.
- Haufler, Andreas & Schulte, Christian, 2007. "Merger Policy and Tax Competition," Discussion Papers in Economics 2074, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Andreas Haufler & Christian Schulte, 2011.
"Merger policy and tax competition: the role of foreign firm ownership,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 18(2), pages 121-145, April.
- Haufler, Andreas & Schulte, Christian, 2011. "Merger policy and tax competition: The role of foreign firm ownership," Munich Reprints in Economics 20413, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Santos-Pinto, Luís, 2010. "The impact of firm cost and market size asymmetries on national mergers in a three-country model," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 682-694, November.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic integration; mergers; national champions; international trade;
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-08-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2006-08-12 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-INT-2006-08-12 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp2220. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.