Skill Acquisition and Firm Creation in Transition Economies
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zuzana Brixiova & Vera Volchok, 2005. "Labor Market Trends and Institutions in Belarus," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp777, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Volkhart Vincentz & Michael Knogler, 2003. "Szenarien der mittelfristigen Konvergenz der EU-Beitrittsländer Polen, Slowakische Republik und Ungarn," Working Papers 244, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Chung-Ming Lau & Lowell W. Busenitz, 2001. "Growth Intentions of Entrepreneurs in a Transitional Economy: The People's Republic of China," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 26(1), pages 5-20, October.
- Paul Frijters & Dirk Bezemer & Uwe Dulleck, 2003.
"Socialism, Capitalism, and Transition - Coordination of Economic Relations and Output Performance,"
Paul Frijters Discussion Papers
2003, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Dirk Bezemer & Uwe Dulleck & Paul Frijters, 2003. "Socialism, Capitalism, and Transition - Coordination of Economic Relations and Output Performance," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 168a, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Dirk Bezemer & Uwe Dulleck & Paul Frijters, 2003. "Socialism, Capitalism, and Transition-Coordination of Economic Relations and Output Performance," Vienna Economics Papers 0305, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Duranton, Gilles & Haniotis, Toni, 2004. "A comparison between economic systems with an application to transition," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 2125-2157, August.
- Brixiova, Zuzana & Li, Wenli & Yousef, Tarik, 2009. "Skill shortages and labor market outcomes in Central Europe," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 45-59, March.
- Ernesto Hernández-Catá, 2001. "The Fall and Recovery of the Cuban Economy in the 1990's; Mirage or Reality?," IMF Working Papers 2001/048, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael Knogler, 2002. "Arbeitsmarktpolitische Herausforderungen in den Ländern der EU-Beitrittskandidaten," Working Papers 235, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
More about this item
KeywordsWP; private sector; Skill acquisition; firm creation; transition; government policy; business opportunity; transition economy; government budget constraint; unskilled worker; entrepreneur hire; Self-employment; Public sector; Labor force; Human capital; Central and Eastern Europe; Baltics; Eastern Europe;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EDU-2000-01-07 (Education)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:1999/130. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Akshay Modi (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.