Evaluating the Saskatchewan Short-Term Hog Loan Program
The Saskatchewan short-term hog loan program of 2002 provided a non-market credit line to participating hog producers. The repayment conditions for cash advances committed to by the provincial government depend on later hog prices, and so the program has derivative contract attributes. We model the contracts and use an estimated spot price stochastic process to establish summary statistics for producer benefits from the program.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 578 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070|
Web page: http://www.fapri.iastate.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David A. Hennessy & Donald Lien, 2006.
"Ledger provision in hog marketing contracts,"
Agricultural Finance Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 66(1), pages 77-89, May.
- David A. Hennessy & Donald Lien, 2003. "Ledger Provision in Hog Marketing Contracts," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 03-wp336, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Hennessy, David A. & Lien, Donald, 2003. "Ledger Provision in Hog Marketing Contracts," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10645, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Shao, Renyuan & Roe, Brian E., 2002.
"The Design And Pricing Of Fixed And Moving Window Contracts: An Application Of Asian-Basket Option Pricing Methods To The Hog Finishing Sector,"
2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA
19823, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Renyuan Shao & Brian Roe, 2003. "The design and pricing of fixed‐ and moving‐window contracts: An application of Asian‐Basket option pricing methods to the hog‐finishing sector," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(11), pages 1047-1073, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ias:fpaper:05-wp385. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.