Labour market entry of migrants in Germany : does cultural diversity matter?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Haas, Anette & Damelang, Andreas, 2007. "Labour market entry of migrants in Germany: Does cultural diversity matter?," HWWI Research Papers 3-10, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
References listed on IDEAS
- Blien, Uwe & Suedekum, Jens & Wolf, Katja, 2006.
"Local employment growth in West Germany: A dynamic panel approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 445-458, August.
- Blien, Uwe & Suedekum, Jens & Wolf, Katja, 2005. "Local Employment Growth in West Germany: A Dynamic Panel Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 1723, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Uwe Blien & Jens Suedekum & Katja Wolf, 2005. "Local Employment Growth in West Germany - A Dynamic Panel Approach," ERSA conference papers ersa05p620, European Regional Science Association.
- Alberto Alesina & Eliana La Ferrara, 2003.
"Ethnic Diversity and Economic Performance,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
2028, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Alesina, Alberto & La Ferrara, Eliana, 2005. "Ethnic Diversity and Economic Performance," Scholarly Articles 4553005, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alberto Alesina & Eliana La Ferrara, 2004. "Ethnic Diversity and Economic Performance," Development Working Papers 193, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Alberto Alesina & Eliana La Ferrara, 2004. "Ethnic Diversity and Economic Performance," NBER Working Papers 10313, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tolciu, Andreia & Schaland, Ann-Julia & El-Cherkeh, Tanja, 2010. "Migrant entrepreneurship in Hamburg: Results from a qualitative study with Turkish entrepreneurs," HWWI Research Papers 3-22, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Mahmood, Talat & Schömann, Klaus, 2009. "The decision to migrate: A simultaneous decision making approach," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Competition and Innovation SP II 2009-17, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Luthra, Renee Reichl, 2010. "Enduring inequality: labor market outcomes of the immigrant second generation in Germany," ISER Working Paper Series 2010-30, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Tubadji, Annie & Gheasi, Masood & Nijkamp, Peter, 2014. "Immigrants' 'Ability' and Welfare as a Function of Cultural Diversity: Effect of Cultural Capital at Individual and Local Level," IZA Discussion Papers 8460, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordsausländische Jugendliche; betriebliche Berufsausbildung; Ausbildungsabsolventen; Berufseinmündung; kulturelle Identität; zweite Schwelle; Migranten; regionaler Arbeitsmarkt; Arbeitsmarktchancen; Türke; Jugoslawe; Integrierte Erwerbsbiografien; Westdeutschland; Bundesrepublik Deutschland;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-06-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2007-06-23 (European Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2007-06-23 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2007-06-23 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-SOC-2007-06-23 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iab:iabdpa:200718. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IAB, Geschäftsbereich Dokumentation und Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iabbbde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.