Random Sums of Random Variables and Vectors
Let fX;Xi; i = 1; 2; :::g denote independent positive random variables having a common distribution function F(x) and, independent of X, let N denote an integer valued random variable. Using S(0) = 0 and S(n) = S(n ?? 1) + Xn, the random sum S(N) has distribution function G(x) = 1Xi=0 P(N = i)P(S(i) _ x) and tail distribution G(x) = 1 ?? G(x). In which case, we say that the distribution function G is subordinated to F with subordinator N. Under suitable conditions, it can be proved that G(x) s E(N)F(x) as x ! 1. In this paper, we extend some of the existing results. In the place of i.i.d. random variables, we use variables that are independent or variables that are asymptotically in- dependent. We also consider multivariate subordinated distribution functions.
|Date of creation:||15 May 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://research.hubrussel.be|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ali, Mir M. & Mikhail, N. N. & Haq, M. Safiul, 1978. "A class of bivariate distributions including the bivariate logistic," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 405-412, September.
- Omey, E. & Willekens, E., 1986. "Second order behaviour of the tail of a subordinated probability distribution," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 339-353, February.
- Embrechts, Paul & Goldie, Charles M., 1982. "On convolution tails," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 263-278, September.
- Cline, Daren B. H. & Resnick, Sidney I., 1992. "Multivariate subexponential distributions," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 49-72, August.
- de Haan, L. & Omey, E. & Resnick, S., 1984. "Domains of attraction and regular variation in IRd," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 17-33, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hub:wpecon:200909. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Janssens)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.